Genepro

Lisa W.
on 12/20/14 5:18 am - Denver, CO

Was thinking of purchasing this  product because i cant tolerate and shake of any kind tried them all and i mean all says it has 30g of proteing in 1 tablespoon just wondering if anybody has used it.

Lisa Willis

CerealKiller Kat71
on 12/20/14 5:33 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Every program is different, but the Cleveland Clinic is vehemently anti this protein.  They usually do not go against any particular brands, but the program specifically states not to use this nor collagen based protein.  The collagen based is practically unusable.  However, for Genepro, the Clinic insists that they are using faulty science and selling something unproven (and untrue) to bariatric patients whose health is truly dependent on good usable protein in specific amounts.  Apparently they've had patients with very dangerous lab results using this protein and therefore it's on the "do not use list"

I cannot give you any personal info on it, as I have stuck only to those recommended by the Cleveland Clinic and have had good results.  Of course, every plan is different, but I would definitely ask your program first.  

Hope this helps

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Grim_Traveller
on 12/20/14 5:45 am
RNY on 08/21/12

This is crap. They make a bunch of false claims that their product is absorbed three times better than other protein, so that a ten gram tablespoon is "equivalent" to thirty grams. It's utter nonsense, and physically impossible. 

Whey protein isolate is still the highest quality protein available. Stick to a rutable manufacturer. Genepro has been forced to change their labels before, because they outright lied. Now they simply mislead, which may be even worse.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 12/20/14 5:55 am
RNY on 12/31/13

How is it possible to have 30 grams of something in 10 grams?  LOL!  Do they really claim this or was this hyperbole?  

I know nothing about Genepro except that the Cleveland Clinic repeatedly tells us NOT to use it.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Grim_Traveller
on 12/20/14 6:32 am
RNY on 08/21/12

That's what they try to claim. They say that only one third of 30 grams of "other" protein is absorbed, or 10 grams. And all of their 10 grams is absorbed. So their 10 grams is "equivalent" to 30 grams of someone else's. Even if it were true, and there is no science to back it up, it is totally misleading.

Their label lists a 10 gram serving size, which is "equivalent" to 30 grams of protein. NOT PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE! It only weighs 10 grams!

There is something called the PDCAAS score, or Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score, which rates how much of the protein from certain foods are available to your body after digestion. Whey protein and eggs have the highest score possible, 100 percent. Beef is something like 92 percent. On the other end is the protein in processed wheat, at about 25 percent. I forget where collagen is, but it's way down there. Most vegetable proteins are in the 50 to 70 percent range.

So when this company claims that their protein is absorbed three times better than whey, it just isn't possible, since 100 percent of whey is digested.

The problem with this company's claims is, folks that want 60 grams of protein will use 2 scoops of this crap and call it a day. Well, they aren't getting 60 grams, they are getting 20, at best. People like it because it dissolves completely and has less taste. Sure. Because you are only using one third as much. Use one third of your usual amount of whey, and it will dissolve better and have less taste too.

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch folks. Or in this case free protein.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

hollykim
on 12/20/14 6:39 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 20, 2014 at 1:18 PM Pacific Time, Lisa W. wrote:

Was thinking of purchasing this  product because i cant tolerate and shake of any kind tried them all and i mean all says it has 30g of proteing in 1 tablespoon just wondering if anybody has used it.

I find it hard to believe you have really tried " all" the protein shakes. 

NYMom222
on 12/20/14 4:04 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I use Genepro and like it, I don't know about the crazy claims but like it for the mixability factor. I will have labs next month, so I will see how my protein is doing because I do use it regularly...not everyday but regularly. Before that I was using bulk supplements unflavored whey protein I bought on Amazon too.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

poet_kelly
on 12/20/14 8:42 pm - OH

I believe the manufacturer states this product is absorbed in the duodenum, which is bypassed in us.  So it doesn't make sense to use it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

selhard
on 12/20/14 9:23 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

The WLS medical team in my area say look for the following three words... WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE.  The two brands they recommended are:  Unjury and Syntrax.  

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 423 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 241 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?