1 month post op

igabriel323
on 12/18/14 2:59 am
with

I month since surgery.  I want to know others symptoms.

Any recommendations on meals plans.

I don't think I'm getting enough protein.  I am getting tired of the shakes

Any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated. 

Member Services
on 12/18/14 3:48 am - Irvine, CA

Hi igabriel323,

You have a little tummy and you only have room to put so much due to swelling.  It will feel you are not getting much down but as the swelling goes down you will be able to eat more.  Set up an appointment with the Nutritionist and they can give you some meal ideas.  We also have a recipe forum here, check it out.  Recipes Forum

Are you on liquids only or can you do soft foods?  One of our members here eggface has some great recipes.  Check out her profile

Eggface's Profile   

Take it one day at a time and it will get better every day.  Hang in there, you are doing great!

igabriel323
on 12/18/14 3:59 am
with

Thanks so much.  The paper that was given to me said that I should start on puree foods now.  I will check out the recipe forum. Tx 

phibbmom
on 12/18/14 3:49 am

My doc recommended shakes until week 7.  I was really happy to not be drinking them, but now I have them sometimes because I feel like I'm not getting enough protein.  I am really starting to be able to tolerate foods better now (I am at 2.5 months).  If I eat too much or if I eat too fast I feel sick.  I have been measuring my food in the amounts that my nutritionist gave me and no more than that.  They told me you need 60 - 80 grams of protein per day.  Things will get better.  Just stick with the plan the nutritionist gave you.  I don't know if this was very helpful.

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14

igabriel323
on 12/18/14 4:04 am
with

This is good to know.  I thought something was wrong. I went and saw my doctor and she said that I have a new stomach everyone is different and people can go even up to 2 months for their stomach to get adjusted.

clr055
on 12/18/14 5:51 am - Lewisville, ID

I am 2.5 weeks out from surgery. I started pureed foods two days ago. Homemade beef stew that you puree is delicious. Refried beans, pureed with a solid dash of hot sauce are SO delicious. Both have good protein. Once I was off liquid I knew I would be great and things are going great now!!

One thing, I HATE protein shakes, they are nasty. They are tolerable if I throw in a banana and blend the holy *&%$ out of it with the shake. Also, I seem to tolerate them better if I drink it in the morning and on my way to work. Maybe give that a try. Also I can only stand the chocolate ones.

I am currently able to get in all my water and am right on the border of my protein. Make sure you get that shake in, its vital at this point to get in those higher numbers.

Good luck!!

igabriel323
on 12/18/14 7:11 am
with

Wow. Congrats to you.  I blended the beef stew to have it as a soup. Tasted delicious.  It came right up.  The nutritionist said it was probably too heavy.  I am glad that you were able to tolerate it.  So glad things are going really well for you. I am cooking chili for dinner.  I am thinking positive that I will tolerate it.

Ugh the shakes. Can't stand them.

I just did one that I read in dr oz website. Pea protein with unsweetened almond milk. I put a few berries and half of a banana. Taste pretty good. I think this is the one.

@clr055. Did I read correctly are you back at work?

clr055
on 12/18/14 5:51 am - Lewisville, ID

Oh and you need to monitor your protein, I write my down all day long and add it up at the end of the day. I do the same with my water. Just carry a little notepad with me. This is the only way you can know for sure if your getting what you need.

Lady_bugg
on 12/18/14 12:59 pm
RNY on 11/18/14

I am one month out today and returned to work three days ago. 

I am drinking 2 to 3 shakes a day to make sure I am getting my protein and helps with my energy throughout the day. I also eat yogurt, refried beans with sauce, mashed cauliflour, mashed scrambled egg, and mashed canned chicken with salt, pepper, and parmesean cheese. 

igabriel323
on 12/18/14 8:54 pm
with

Wow good for you.  Are you in any pain or discomfort? 

I am still in pain.

shocked that you can eat eggs. Glad you're getting your getting your protein in. Very important.   

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 419 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 97 views
Recent Topics