What's on your menu Friday, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 12/18/14 8:37 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning my lovelies! Happy Friday, today is my last day of work in 2015 - yippee! (edit: I just realized that this is technically not true since I will host a Frozen sing-a-long tomorrow morning, but that can hardly be counted as work really). For those of you who work outside the home, will you have much time off? 

I'm excited to report that I'm just back from my second early morning workout this week - it was my goal to go twice in the morning and 3 other times this week, so I'm happy with myself. Wednesday morning wasn't too bad - but I had to talk QUITE sternly to myself this morning to manage to get out of bed and out the door. 

Today I am a bad example of menu planning in that I have not done much of it, but here's what I got.

Time since surgery: 9 months, 1 day

B: Loaded Greek Yogurt

S: apple slices and Babybel, coffee with creamer and more coffee with creamer

L: cottage cheese, deli ham, pumpkin seeds

This is where it ends, I'm not even going to both with totals at the moment.

V/W: started

E: 30 minutes on the elliptical out of the way

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend, make good choices!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AZPatty
on 12/18/14 8:54 pm
RNY on 02/25/14

This is my last day of work too.  I won't go bac****il Jan. 5th.  The last two days of eating have not been good for me.  It is so easy to slip into old habits.  I am going to use the time off to really menu plan and have great options available to me so I can stay on track better.  Today's menu isn't planned very well.

Exercise:  ran 4 miles

B:  premier protein, tea

S:  Greek Yogurt

L:  steak and sweet potatoes (left over from last night)

S:  apple and PB2

D:  ???????

Have a great day everyone.

AnnyBananny
on 12/18/14 11:01 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Ya for a long break!

karenp8
on 12/18/14 9:41 pm - Brighton, IL

My husband and son will both be home with me now until January 5th so the challenge will be getting my exercise in around everything else. I've already thought of my comment when someone says"but I want to spend time with you!!". Do you want to spend time with the heavy miserable me or with the thin healthy me!? That's my plan! Already have 30 minutes on the treadmill in and will do another 2 to 3 miles after lunch at the park with Lily. Also 25 minutes on the bike in the evening. Weight today at 121. My rheumatologist is still amazed at my weight loss and lack of pain from my RA now with less weight. I don't have to go back for 4 months now. I was the first patient he ever referred for surgery at my request and now has referred 4 others. On track with vitamins and fluids so far. Here's the food plan: B1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz turkey and cheese and 1/2 c sweet potatoes S whole grain xcrackers with peanut butter if hungry D 31/2 oz shrimp and 1/2 c sweet potatoes S Greek yogurt with nuts--my seasonal favorite pumpkin cheesecake! Have a super Friday and amazing weekend full of wise choices everyone!

AngryViking
on 12/18/14 9:49 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Tell them to walk with you and Lily if they want to spend time with you!!  LOL

AnnyBananny
on 12/18/14 11:01 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

That's what I was going to say - invite them with you!

karenp8
on 12/19/14 8:39 am - Brighton, IL

I try but the answer is always no. I guess I could knock them out and drag them around for extra calorie burn!

mschwab
on 12/19/14 11:45 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Extra calorie burn. That made me laugh out loud.  😋

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

mamata2
on 12/18/14 9:42 pm

I am working all through the holidays, with the new job and the fact that I used all my vacation time this year for surgery, I'm here every day but when the office is closed 😞. My husband gets the next 2 weeks at home with the kids (sucker 😉). 

Anyway, I am finally feeling better and actually looking forward to eating!

Time since surgery: 5.5 months

B: latte and Atkins Cranberry Almond Bar

L: taco bells chicken soft taco no tortilla

S: Starbucks skinny peppermint mocha

D: lasagne with fam (small piece)

S: Cashews

W/V Started

E: swim 

Totals: 841 calories, 70 protein, 61 carbs, 34 fat

Have a great weekend everyone!

LISER617
on 12/19/14 3:40 am - MA
RNY on 08/01/14

Im in the same boat. I used all my vacation and sick time to get paid while i was out for 4 weeks post up. Then, with all the holidays the last couple of months I only seem to accrue enough to cover those days and wont be able to take any additiional time off. Oh well.  

Lisa (38) my goal is 160 lbs.... my dream is happy and healthy

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views