Very Discouraged

Deana_
on 1/18/15 5:37 am

I had my surgery dec 22. I started at 239 with my liquid diet. I am five weeks out tomorrow. When I got weighed at my two week follow up I weighed 216. 

I didn't weigh myself for a week and a half and got on the scale this morning and I am 217.8.

i measure everything I eat. I get more than 60 ounces of water a day, I haven't had any carbs  or wheat products.

Here are two days out of my journal I keep

b: scrambled egg with 1 oz strawberries

l; 2 ounce grilled chicken with 1 oz zucchini 

d: 2 slices deli turkey with 1 oz peppers tsp Avacado 

s: greek yogurt dan on light n fit with 1 oz banana

plus 1 glass milk and vitamins 

day 2

B: hard boiled egg and 1 oz banana

l: 2 oz burger with 1 oz strawberry

d: 2 oz steak with zucchini and onion

s: yogurt with 1 oz banana 

what at the heck is going on!!!!! And I am exersizing and walking tons. I didn't do this to lose only 16 PDs and then gain weight. I am following my plan to a t. Measuring everything. I know it's been five weeks but I should still be losing everyday. 

crazy4birds
on 1/18/15 5:42 am
RNY on 12/02/14

Wow, 5 weeks and eating steak already.  

HW: 240   SW:  224   Goal:  130 

Deana_
on 1/18/15 5:45 am

Yes. I am aloud chicken and steak and any protein on my plan as I'm a month out. Everyone has a different plan. I follow what my nut and surgeon tell me to do

I have zero issues with any food thus far

Joemac9408
on 1/18/15 6:09 am - Staten Island, NY
RNY on 02/04/15 with

You sound like my wife.  Lol I swear if she doesnt lose 20 pounds over night when shes dieting she get discouraged.  And i'm not saying this stuff to be mean it just made me laugh when I read it because I could hear the same words coming out of her mouth after she has surgery.  Anyway I havent had my surgery yet but I have lost 100 pounds before (although I gained it back) and the one thing I will tell you is throw away the scale if its going to affect you negatively when you step on it.  Let your doctor weigh you when see him and thats it.  Judge by the way your cloths fit and how you feel.  Another thing I learned is some weeks you wont lose anything and some weeks you will lose 10 pounds.  Just keep doing what your Dr. and nutritionist are telling you and you'll be fine. 

Surgery date: 2/4/15

Highest weight: 315. Pre-op diet weight: 289.  Surgery weight: 260.  Current weight: 138  Goal weight: 160 

Chilipepper
on 1/18/15 6:21 am, edited 1/18/15 6:24 am

There are 27 carbs in 1 med banana

1/2 c of sliced strawberries has 5 carbs

Try knocking the fruit out of your diet. It's loaded with sugar.  Instead of the strawberries, eat 2 scrambled eggs. 

Instead of a glass of milk, drink a low carb protein shake

up your protein and knock out the carbs/fruit ..even some of the vegatables 

some people don't add fruit until much later and the there are fruits that have less sugar,  

you have way to many carbs in your diet 

Add cheese and salads like egg or tuna! With real mayo.. Fats are not bad for us.

Eat shrimp and fish.  

Make sure you are drinking 60+ oz of water a day

right now you need protein protein protein. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

AshleyDillo
on 1/18/15 2:22 pm - Tallahassee, FL

^^^^  This, this this..so much this!

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

jackietex
on 1/18/15 8:26 am
1. Every scale is different.
2. Everybody's weight fluctuates by several pounds.
3. A plateau at around 3 weeks, lasting up to 4 weeks, is very common.

I'm sure you'll do great as long as you stick to the rules, especially protein first. The amount of fruit you are eating is very small, so I wouldn't worry.

Lap RNY February 15, 2012
Starting weight 195 (ht. 4'10)
Surgery weight 178.5
Current weight 113

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/18/15 9:23 am
RNY on 12/31/13

It seems to me that you are doing very well.  You've lost quite a bit of weight in a short period of time -- and fluctuations in weight from day to day are very common.  Water weight shifts, differences in scales and ups and downs are very very normal. 

Nothing you are eating is out of line -- although, I too would cut out the fruit.  I realize every plan is different -- and it's not that you are overeating it at all -- but for me, fruit makes me lose at a slower rate.  Of course, you should follow your doctor's plan but mine does not include that level of fruit until maintenance. 

Overall, I'd say that you may have unrealistic expectations right now -- and that you are doing very well.  Be patient!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Deana_
on 1/18/15 9:41 am

Why is it unrealistic to be upset that in two weeks I have not lost anything but gained two pounds.

its not. I lost the weight I did the week after surgery and nothing since. It's probably just a stall and I understand that but I have had this issue my entire life I can lose almost 20 PDs and then I stop. I was assured this surgery would fix that, and now look. 

I just don't want it to be for nothing.

poet_kelly
on 1/18/15 10:11 am - OH

WLS won't fix the fact that stalls are normal and small fluctuations in weight are normal.

You haven't stopped losing.  You will go on to lose much more.

But if you thought you would not have stalls after WLS, that was unrealistic.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 419 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 133 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics