What's on your menu Wednesday, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 1/20/15 8:56 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning, lovelies. Thanks for all the recipe suggestions yesterday, sorry I wasn't able to be more attentive to the post throughout the day - but they all look really good! I'm feeling like I have some new ideas to try in the next few weeks and that's awesome.

Last night I went to my first BodyPump class in ages - probably 2 months. I recently noticed that I'm actually starting to get muscle definition in my arms, some how LOL, and that fact gave me the confidence to add more weight to my bar and push just a little harder than I might have in the past. I felt fit, strong, and confident! It was also such a great stress reliever after a difficult day.

Today promises to be another rough one - starting with a 9am 5th grade visit and not ending until a 7pm Board of Trustees meeting (the last two meetings ran until 10pm and the before that until 11:45pm!). This has me in a bit of a tizzy with my menu, but I'll make it work somehow.

Time since surgery: 10+ months

B: Overnight Oats, Coffee with Creamer

S: Deli ham, apple slices, Laughing Cow Light wedge (maybe more coffee?!)

L: Curried chicken, sweetened ricotta

S: Babybel Light, Honey roasted peanuts

D: Protein bar

TOTALS: Calories 982, Protein 88, Carbs 79, Fat 39 (I have some extra snacks in my bag for the meeting if I need them!)

V/W: starting it up now!

E: Rest Day - confession time: I was planning to go to the gym this morning, but I woke up sore and went back to sleep instead - regretting it now as I could have used the stress relief factor, but oh well...

Make good choices, y'all!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

mamata2
on 1/20/15 9:31 pm

Wow! That sounds like a rough day!  But it should go fast :)  I was so excited this morning when my scale said 169.8!!!  I can't believe I am in the 160s.  My surgeon does not set weight goals but my PCP said before surgery that I should be happy with 175.  I am happy to say I have surpassed this and I plan to lose at least 20 more lbs (fingers crossed).  I missed my workout this morning (I didn't sleep well at all last night) but I plan to go tonight before I go out to dinner with a friend.

Time since surgery: 6.5 months

B: SF Latte and Quest Bar

S: Coffee and Girl Scout Creamer

L: String cheese, hard salami, cashews (1/2 oz) and 5 cheese crisps

D: A couple of bites each of a 3 course Prix Fixe menu (It's restaurant week!)

S: EAS Carb Control Shake after working out

W/V: Started

E: 1 hr spin and ab workout

Have a great day all!

AngryViking
on 1/20/15 10:20 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Yay for your SV!

Berryhoosier
on 1/20/15 9:54 pm
RNY on 12/17/14

Good morning!  Last night my cooking plans unraveled.  (I had time to cook or walk but not both).  I opted for walking.  I have a Tuesday night book club an we all bring our own dinner to eat before we discuss.  So I got a kid's meal from Chick-fila.  (I know, controversial).  But I figure the chicken itself is not political at all (Lol).   ANYWAY... I had 6 grilled nuggets, fruit cup (didn't eat all), and 30 min later I drank my milk.  Very tasty!

Time since surgery:  5 weeks

Today's plan:

B: protein bar

L: gouda apple chicken meatballs with 1/4 c penne and classico sauce

S: fiber one and 1/8 c. cashews

D: stuffed chicken breast and steamed veggies

S: 4 grilled shrimp, green beans, sweet potato

cal:814   protein: 78

AngryViking
on 1/20/15 10:20 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

LOL @ 'apolitical chicken'.  Their sandwiches are so good; I wish there was a Chik-Fila around here.  Wait, no I don't.  LOL

mamata2
on 1/20/15 10:40 pm

We just got our first Chik-fil-a in December.  We actually had it for dinner last night for the first time (so strange).  I had no idea there were grilled nuggets!  I ended up eating half a chicken sandwich (fried) with no bun.  I tried to be good....

Berryhoosier
on 1/21/15 11:22 am
RNY on 12/17/14

The grilled nuggets are surprisingly tasty and not too dry. Just beware the sauces, some of them have over 100 calories and lots of sugar.

karenp8
on 1/20/15 11:47 pm - Brighton, IL

That's a pretty good choice for dinner. You made wise decisions and should be proud!

NYMom222
on 1/21/15 2:46 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I think that was a really good choice. They are supposed to be opening the first Chik-filet on Long Island near my house soon. Ugh. I don't miss fast foods, but I did do a little mourning. Glad to know there is a good choice in a pinch.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Deana_
on 1/21/15 7:48 am

Wow it's amazing how everyone's plan is different. I'm not aloud carbs until after 6 months!! I am envious and also five weeks.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 467 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 286 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 323 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views
Recent Topics