What's on your menu Monday, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 1/18/15 8:36 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning, I hope everyone had a great weekend. This morning the scale registered a 1.5 pound drop and I'm over the moon - I am now at 159, just FOUR POUNDS from my goal. FOUR POUNDS?! The idea of getting to or below goal within a year is amazing! A-MAZING!

Yesterday I celebrated my 10 month surgi-versary by making incredibly poor food choices - which is why I was quite surprised when I saw the drop today. But we all know the scale is a fickle thing and one day of eating doesn't make or break us - it's the cumulative hard work we put in day after day.

I need your good vibes this afternoon as I'm headed to a second interview for a new job. A job I'm both extremely excited about and terrified at the prospect of. It's an Executive Director position at another local library. Today's interview will include Board members and staff. Fingers crossed!

Time since surgery: 10 months yesterday

B: Overnight Oats (with a scoop of unflavored protein powder), coffee with cream

S: Laughing Cow Light French Onion wedge, Fiber Gourmet Thinables

L: Mini Meatloaf, steamed carrots, sweetened ricotta

S: Turkey Pepperoni and Babybel Light

D: TJ's chicken sausage with reduced sugar ketchup and fruit

S: SkinnyPop and a package of Dole Dippers Bananas (I'm recently in LOVE with all things banana, though I used to hate the flavor, random...)

TOTALS: Calories 1102, Protein 87, Carbs 95, Fat 48

V/W: started

E: 20 minutes of Glute Camp on the Arc Trainer, 10 minutes on the rowing machine

Make good choices, y'all!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AnnyBananny
on 1/18/15 9:00 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

OMG! It also just dawned on me that as of this moment I am officially in the "Normal" weight range of BMI!!!!

Emiepie
on 1/19/15 11:36 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Congrats!! I just hit that myself and was stunned.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

AngryViking
on 1/18/15 9:21 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Anny, that's so awesome; rock on with your bad self!  And I will def send positive mojo your way; it sounds like an incredible job opportunity!  I celebrated my 6 month surgiversary this weekend by chopping my hair off.  LOL  It had been falling out in handfuls for months and was looking pretty awful.  I was feeling awful about it, too, so I took the leap, got myself a super short bob and I LOVE it.  My stylist was like 'girl, you're fabulous'.  HA! 

B:  coffee with 1/2 & 1/2 and a apple pie Quest bar

S:  Fiber Gourmet everything crackers a a queso fresco Laughing Cow wedge

L:  Italian turkey meatballs w/sauce

D:  Buffalo chicken salad and some pork rinds.  Dinner of champions.

TOTALS:  Cals:  825  Protein:  80  Carbs:  63  Fat:  37

AnnyBananny
on 1/19/15 12:21 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Is this the buffalo chicken salad I shared the recipe for? I'm in love with that, but also want to try new ones - so please share if it's different.

Dinner of champions, you crack me up!

AngryViking
on 1/19/15 2:00 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Same, but this time I added chopped onion and celery and used a grilled chicken breast from Wegmans.  It's such a great recipe!  I even shared it with the PA at my surgeon's last week and she was like, "Ooo, great idea to sub yogurt for mayo".  You got the stamp of approval! 

Dcgirl
on 1/18/15 9:55 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Anny YAY!  Both the normal BMI and the job interview!  Go in and be yourself and you're gonna LOOK fabulous!  That's so exciting.

I won't go into details, but my scale is UP and while still below goal, that is NOT the direction I need it to be going.  I am desperate for plastics and really want to be 145 for plastics and so this week I have significantly fewer social things planned and am going to low carb it again.  It is shocking how much food I can eat of slider foods, so off to dense proteins I go!

Time Since Surgery: 13 months

B: Coffee with half and half, strawberry Light and Fit with PB2

L: Trader Joe's cranberry chicken salad

S: Leftover crab and cheddar and onion and spinach frittatta made with egg beaters

D: Ground turkey with taco seasoning and Mexican cheese and hot sauce

S2?

I am trying a new gym class tonight called Plyofit.  I am excited to work out in the evening because Saturday was my "rest" day and I was SIGNIFICANTLY less hungry all day long.  I wonder if my massive morning workouts are actually sabotaging my weight loss because I am voraciously hungry afterward.  So I will try a few after work workouts this week and see how that goes.

Totals are going to be about 1,200 calories, 90 g protein, less than 50 g carbs.

Have a great day, everyone. And GOOD LUCK, Anny!  Em

AnnyBananny
on 1/19/15 12:23 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Thanks, Em! I feel super confident in my new dress and heels for this afternoon - as if dressing myself were the most important thing - although I will say when I was at the first interview they were very much focused on my public speaking experience and part of that is presenting yourself well - so looking good is important.

I'll be interested to hear how your experiment with later in the day workouts go. I have definitely been battling hunger on days I work out in the early morning - I think part because I'm up earlier and therefore there are more hours in my day, but also because I'm burning, burning in the AM. I did recently read an article about how working out long and hard can be counter productive since you're then hungry!

karenp8
on 1/18/15 10:06 pm - Brighton, IL

Congratulations on being so close to goal and in the normal range. You have done amazing because of your persistasnce and faithfulness to exercise. I am sure you will do great at your interview and wow them all. Just be your amazing self and it will go great! You gave me a laugh today AV! Dinner of champions?! I just can't make myself eat pork rinds but my son loves them. Had a great weekend with my hubby and both boys here. My oldest hadn't spent the night for about 2 years but had some time off work and his girlfriend was out of town so he spent Friday night here. I took the youngest back to college yesterday to start his last semester. Post op 28.75 months and weight at 121 today. Exercise will be program 9 on the treadmill and two miles later at the park with Lily. I will also do 25 minutes on the bike when I finish my coffee. On track with fluids and vitamins so far. Here's the food plan for the day: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz deli turkey and cheese and 1/2 c Greek yogurt D 31/2 oz pork chop with 1/2 c sweet potatoes S Greek yogurt with granola. Have a great day everyone!

AnnyBananny
on 1/19/15 12:24 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Thanks, Karen! This post really keeps me on the straight and narrow (most of the time) - so THANK YOU!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 454 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 396 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views