almost 6 weeks post op...Getting concerned

Jennew2015
on 1/25/15 11:08 am

I lost 8lbs pre surgery and 20 lbs within the first 3 weeks after surgery. I am now almost 6 weeks and in the last 3 weeks have only lost 2 lbs.

I've heard about stalls but 2 lbs in 3 weeks seems more than just a stall. 

I don't have much of an appetite and find it difficult to consume the recommended amount of protein. Could that be the issue?  May calories are low and I get barely any carbs.

diane48
on 1/25/15 2:43 pm
RNY on 05/07/13

You are doing fine.  Just keep with your program.  Get that protein up!  Don't worry about the carbs at this point.  Water and protein first.  These stalls will happen.  The loss is not in a straight line.  Lots of peaks and valleys and plateaus!  It's ok.

Jennew2015
on 1/26/15 2:39 am

Thank you for the encouragement . I purchased some unflavored protein powder to add to my "meals". This should help.

Trouble1391011
on 1/26/15 12:36 am

We have the same Dr :)  I hit the 3 week stall right at my 3rd week and the scale didn't move until week 6... Hang in there and keep on doing what you are doing!  It will move again... Also, I lived on noodles and mashed potatoes until I got past week 7 and was allowed to eat meat! I hate protein shakes... Im down 62 lbs at almost 4 months out...

Jennew2015
on 1/26/15 2:13 am

I can't stand protein shakes either. What kind of noodles? Congrats on your weight loss.  ☺

Trouble1391011
on 1/26/15 4:22 am

I ate either creamy chicken noodles out of the package, pasta with salt and pepper or marinara or mac and cheese or Minestrone soup without the broth... Def not the best but it only had to last me until I could get back to a normal diet.  My normal diet before surgery consisted of meat and veggies so there wasn't a lot of changes I needed to make to it but the restrictions kind of left me in a lurch on what to eat up until I could add meat and veggies back to my diet.  I am a really picky eater (I don't eat condiments, salad dressing, dipping sauces, butter/margarine) so I had to wing it for a few weeks!

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/26/15 7:27 am

O boy...you are really asking for trouble down the road... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Trouble1391011
on 1/26/15 7:33 am

I'm not going to continue defending myself.. It was 6 weeks. I don't eat like that anymore now that my diet is normal and includes meat and veggies. I'm not worried about me and neither is the doc, so no one else should be. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/26/15 7:35 am

Great. I hope you feel like that 2-3 years out... Looks like a duck, quacks life a duck... .take it as you wish... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Jennew2015
on 1/26/15 8:33 am

Thanks for responding. Sorry it caused so much drama. It's amazing how people can put words in others mouths. I do understand that you never once told me to eat the things you did early on. You managed to drop a lot of weight within 4 months. Wishing you a happy and healthy 2015.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 567 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 351 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 218 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 373 views
Recent Topics