RNY Grad 2005 - now having severe stomach pains!

Qbandiva
on 1/25/15 10:35 pm - Naples, FL

Good morning and happiness to all!

I'm finding myself in a lot of pain lately. I'm going in for an egd and colonoscopy in 10 days but wonder if any other GRADS have experienced the bloating and stomach pains along with diarrhea? Sorry if it's tmi but I'm rather at a loss. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."   "Be yourself....everyone else is taken"

Before: 348 (01/01/2005) 
After:   165
Chilipepper
on 1/26/15 1:23 am

Yes. When is your scope?  It could be any number of things. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Cathy W.
on 1/26/15 2:19 am

I'm a 2001 RNY grad and the only time I've experienced those symptoms is after I've ate something that caused me to dump or that didn't agree with my pouch.  Those symptoms only last a few hours.

It could be caused by a variety of issues.  Could you call and see if you could have those tests sooner than 10 days?  

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Chilipepper
on 1/26/15 2:23 am

I started with it and ended up with a gastrogastric fistula and a blind limb.  

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

MyLady Heidi
on 1/26/15 2:32 am

I had a bile duct blockage, but the fact you can type this and aren't in a hospital probably rules that out.  It did cause excruciating pain especially after eating anything that contained any fat where bile would be called for.  Hopefully its not that or you will need to have surgery go through your excluded stomach to reach the common bile duct to clear it.  Not fun.  And expensive like 73k worth of medical bills expensive.

lynnc99
on 1/26/15 2:52 am

2009 grad here - I've never experienced pain such as you describe, except for a short while when I was drinking a lot of Power Ade. Turns out the citric acid was putting me over the top. Best wishes with your procedures - hope they find answers and the issue is resolved quickly for you!

Nts0906
on 1/26/15 3:53 am

Please keep us posted! Do you still see the Bariatric Surgeon who did the procedure? Sending positive thoughts for quick fix!Speedy recovery!

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/26/15 2:35 pm, edited 1/26/15 2:36 pm

Google SIBO and IBS... 

There is more study that show RNYs may have that, as a long term side effect post op RNY.

Plus consider food allergies, food intolerances...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 386 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 135 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views
Recent Topics