Still waiting...

4Reel
on 1/27/15 10:02 am, edited 1/27/15 10:28 am

I got the insurance approval two weeks ago and it seems as though the surgeon's office has now hit the stop button????

Last week I called and they finally gave me a "tentative" date and stated that they were waiting on the insurance to go ahead and schedule pre-op and to secure rooms, etc. for surgery.  Yesterday I received the approval letter and faxed it to them.  I got a response that another person will be handling the scheduling.  I called her and left a message (yesterday am).  I have not heard back from anyone.

Before I got approved it seemed that they were constantly calling and emailing me (bi-weekly) to "make sure" I was still continuing to fulfill my insurance requirements.  Now it seems like they are not even returning my phone calls.  Two weeks ago I got my approval from my insurance company and all I have is a "tentative" date.  I am irritated that I don't have a solid date to tell my employer and get that process started with them.

It seems that others on this board got the approval reference and their office immediately called and got the ball rolling.

I am very anxious for this surgery, is it reasonable that I am irritated by the office not keeping me informed?

I have been very patient and have not called but just once a week to get an update, should I not be so patient?

Has this occurred with anyone else?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HW 240    SW 227   GW 130  M1-

Cathy W.
on 1/27/15 10:28 am

You have been very patient.  I'd give them a call a couple of times a week.  

I used to work for a bariatric practice that was very busy.  I don't know your doctor or what is going on but I can tell you that there are patients that call every day to get their surgery date.  Calling a couple of times in a week is fine.  

Being approved is a huge thing and the next step is getting your surgery date is the next huge thing.  This is changing your life so of course you're excited to move forward.  

We have to be our own health advocates.  This is your first health issue to advocate for yourself.  

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

4Reel
on 1/27/15 10:52 am

Thank you for your response!  They have two offices and are very busy.   I just feel like they were bugging me before approval and now they are sitting on their hands.

Since you worked in that type of office, how long does it typically take to confirm surgery and recovery room? 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mybratboys3
on 1/27/15 10:34 am

I'm pretty lucky, my surgeon gave me a surgery date BEFORE I was approved. We were anticipating no problems LOL... My surgery date was about 5 days after my approval.

4Reel
on 1/27/15 10:54 am

You were very lucky!  

Cooter N.
on 1/27/15 11:21 am

That sounds very frustrating. I didnt have that issue but I did have approval from primary ins and the secondary (which is the one covering the bypass portion) denied it. Won appeal and scheduled. The office got me sched and I was finally able to speak to hosp for $$ and the lady said my ins wasnt approved and date for surgery has changed. I completely freaked out. She put me on hold then came back singing a diff tune. I am not gonna believe it until a needle is poking my arm...lol this can be so frustrating because we are mentally ready to take the next step

kokosuggs
on 1/27/15 12:01 pm

count your blessings...  My insurance wouldn't cover...Im self pay  oh & I work in the health/medical field 

RNY 1/19/15   SW 238  CW 169 GW ??

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 455 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 399 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views