Embarrassing question ! Iron

browneyes65
on 1/24/15 1:17 pm - IN

I have a question which has to do with bowel movements, so I was taking Spring Valley Iron 65mg 325mg ferrous sulfate 1x a day 500 Vitamin C for 1 year but one year had my ferritan checked and was like 33 so not sure if it was absorbing or I should of taken 2, anyway I had really good bowel movements pretty normal but since I was switched to Sundown perfect iron I'm trying 4 a day with 1000 Vitamin C.  My bowel movements are not that good, embarrassing lets say little bowel dropping that's all and I never have any dirty bowel movements mostly always clean even before. Is this normal? having my ferritan checked in 2 months to see if this iron is better. thanks

poet_kelly
on 1/25/15 4:33 am - OH

Try taking a stool softener or Miralax.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

browneyes65
on 1/25/15 10:46 am - IN

I'm not constipated I have a bowel movement 2-3 times a day just changed in the form or shape from longer size to little balls that's the only way to describe. I did not have to take any stool softener with other Iron unless needed but I never really needed it. When I say clean bowel I mean wiping and it's not messy. Is it normal ? maybe because I eat different.

Sherrie P.
on 1/25/15 8:07 am
RNY on 02/06/13

Mine changed when I started taking more iron. I take 4 colace a day. I am pretty regular now.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Laura in Texas
on 1/25/15 8:47 am

I am confused by your wording (dropping, clean vs dirty). Are you saying your stools were firm and now are loose (problems with diarrhea)? If that is the case I don't think you need a stool softener. Too much vitamin C gives me that problem. Have you changed anything else in your diet?

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

browneyes65
on 1/26/15 3:15 pm - IN

I mean I do not have dirty bowel movements. I have changed iron, I have no problem having to go to the bathroom I have a bowel movement at least 3x a day. I'm not constipated but not sure why I always have clean bowel movements and never dirty is that normal? I'm pooping little balls not normal longer poops. In the year since surgery never had diarrhea and a few dirty bowel movements. Should I take a fiber drink if I have no problem having a bowel movement?

ShebasMom
on 1/25/15 1:56 pm
Revision on 07/05/16

When was your surgery? Post-op, I remember when my BMs went from a clean wipe to a dirty wipe, but not sure what changed. I was almost 6 months out. I've always taken carbonyl iron with vit C. I've always used colace and started Miralax at 2 weeks post-op. Maybe my diet changed ormaybe the malabsorption changed. But, it has never gone back to the clean wipe. (it was never clean wipe before surgery)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 552 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 537 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 335 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 133 views
Recent Topics