Vitamins Pre and Post Op

FredeesMom
on 2/1/15 3:26 am

Does everyone use Celebrate or do you use other brand?? Any advice appreciated.

Is a chewable or liquid vitamin used post op??

10 weeks pre op!!

thanks

lynnc99
on 2/1/15 3:52 am

I used chewable Centrum for my multi. B vitamins were small enough to swallow easily. I did opt for the Bariatric Advantage chewable calcium lozenges for a long time, though, because a regular size calcium tablet is huge! Also they were easy to carry with me thru the day. 

carimiller9173
on 2/1/15 3:53 am - Wilmington, DE

I actually use Bariatric advantage and Calcium citrate.... all chewable.  I also have optisource multi's chewables also.  Good luck to you.

Hugs, Cari

Pre-op weight 342.5; Surgery 320.7

M 1-10.5

Sarahakers11
on 2/1/15 3:58 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

I User Opurity.  I like those

HW - 297  start of Pre-op - 290.2   SW- 279.2   GW - 145    

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

White Dove
on 2/1/15 11:06 am - Warren, OH

I really like Opurity.  My surgeon has concerns with ingredients from China and Opurity are guaranteed to have no ingredients from China.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

poet_kelly
on 2/1/15 4:14 am - OH

No, of course not everyone uses Celebrate.

Some people prefer a chewable or liquid post op, at least at first.

My advice is to read the ASMBS guidelines and make sure your vitamins, whichever brands you choose, meet their recommendations.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

kayleystar
on 2/1/15 5:43 am
RNY on 01/06/15

The only chewable I use is my 2 Flintstone's per day. I use Citrical for my calcium citrate, and my b1, b12, iron are all ones you swallow. I was only on liquid pain meds the day of my surgery, and then they had me on pills since day 2. No issues. :)

Highest Weight: 412 | Day of Surgery: 385 | Current: 341
Surgery Date: 1/6/2015 

poet_kelly
on 2/1/15 6:24 am - OH

Are you aware that the ASMBS says to use an adult vitamin?  Flintstones is missing some nutrients we need, like selenium.  If you want to use a chewable, it should be an adult chewable that has minerals like selenium in it.

Oh, and we cannot absorb B12 that we swallow.  We don't have enough intrinsic factor in our pouch.  That's why the ASMBS says we need a sublingual, nasal spray or shot.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Maria27
on 2/1/15 5:50 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

My program recommends Kirkland Signature, Bariatric Advantage, or Centrum. I am going with Kirkland Signature because I was able to find it for the lowest cost through a website they also recommended. My program does not require chewable or liquid vitamins. But I was told that if I chose not to buy chewable, then I will have to crush my pills for the first two weeks.

The Bariatric Advantage chewable calcium is about the same price as Citrical on sale, but Citrical requires two pills per dose. I am trying the Bariatric Advantage because the Citrical sounds like a much bigger hassle. Also, if you sign up for automatic shipments from Bariatric Advantage, they waive the shipping charge.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

Deana_
on 2/1/15 6:44 am

i use celebrate vitamins. I had surgery dec 22. i like the taste of the chewables.

also, the liquid vitamins were the worst part of surgery for me. i plugged my nose.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 535 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 523 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 266 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics