What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 2/22/15 9:36 pm, edited 2/22/15 10:12 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

What up my peeps!?  Greetings from CNY where the weather is cold, dry and snowy.  I feel like I'm in Groundhog Day.  Don't forget your booties because it's cooooold out there today!  LOL  So, I'm reporting back from my sleepover at the MoST.  My verdict:  not terrible.  The whole program was run like a well oiled machine and there were so many activities and demonstrations that the kids (and parents) were completely exhausted by lights out.  I was so wiped out I actually managed a couple of hours of sleep on the cold hard ground outside of the IMAX theater.  I even got a patch to prove that I was there!  It says 2015 Webelos Camp In at the MoST.  LMAO  I'm official.

The rest of the weekend was filled with basketball and muffin making for our Heart Association fundraiser.  Those muffins damn near killed me; they were strawberry cheesecake and they were so labor intensive.  Here's a tip:  never attempt a recipe you've never made before the night before you need to present it.  I was up until 2 am trying to finish and pack them.  They look good, but I'll wait for someone else to try them and tell me how they taste.

Anyone else bake stuff or cook stuff and then not even eat it?  I am a baker at heart, so it's kind of weird to spend like 8 hours making something and not even taste it.

Time since surgery:  7 months, 1 week

B:  coffee; one with milk, one with half & half.  Also a banana cream Greek yogurt with my last TB of PB2.  *sniff*

S:  1 oz. beef jerky

L:  2 oz. deli ham rolled up with 2 slices of ultra thin pepper jack

D:  Barber Farms seasoned selects chicken Florentine and peas

S:  1/2 c. Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom No Sugar Added banana split ice cream.  Soooooo good.

TOTALS:  Cals:  837  Protein:  81  Carbs:  68  Fat:  32

Make it a great day everyone!

Berryhoosier
on 2/22/15 10:10 pm
RNY on 12/17/14

Good morning.  I'm glad you survived the weekend AV!  The only thing I have baked is mini muffins.  I had planned not to taste them, but I did.  I think I need to stay away from the baking for now. :)

B: Premier protein bar

L: rotisserie chicken with cheese, salsa, green chilis, and 1 small corn tortilla

D: rainbow trout, hominy

S: snacking cheese and crispy chickpeas

cal: 859  protein: 74  carbs: 63

Exercise: I'm trying a new class at the Y tonight.  It's called "Fit over 40" and it's a combo class.  I'm 41, so hopefully I won't be the least fit there!  I think it will be a good way to begin some strength training.

mamata2
on 2/22/15 10:17 pm

Good morning all!  I'm so jealous of your night at the museum AV.  Sounds like a blast.  As for baking, I used to make all kinds of ridiculous cakes, pies and cheesecakes before surgery.  I was super into the cake decorating and went all out making my own fondant and owning every baking gadget known to man.  Now, I don't bake at all.  I've made some cookies since surgery but I find I have no will power and eat far too many.  I actually removed all of my baking stuff from the kitchen and it now lives in a tub down in the basement

My weekend was good.  I went shopping, which is so much fun!  I love being able to try things on at every store I go into (instead of just looking at accessories).  We dropped the kids off with my parents, today they fly to Florida until Friday.  God bless my parents, they have a 12, 10, and two 9 year olds on a plane.  But it will make a great week of date nights for my hubbie and I   My mom actually told me to stop losing weight!  She said I looked sickly.  Seriously??  I told her she will just have to get used to my weight loss.  Anyone else have this happen?

Time since surgery: 7.5 months

B: SF Latte and 1/2 Quest bar

S: Coffee with creamer

L: Chicken sausage, Babybel light and Beanitos

S: ThinkThin Crunch Bar

D: TBD, I have Paint Nite again with a different friend

S: Glass of wine (So I can be more artistic, lol)

W/V: Started

E: 45 min run

Have a great day all!

AngryViking
on 2/22/15 10:31 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

How great that your parents are taking the kids for the week!  Yay for multiple date nights!  Tell your mom to stuff it.  LOL 

mamata2
on 2/22/15 10:37 pm

I will use those words exactly the next time she makes a stupid comment!!!  LOL!!

Dartmouth
on 2/22/15 11:42 pm - United Kingdom
RNY on 05/20/14

NOOO?...Don't tell her to stuff it until the kids come home....you don't want to make her mad and put the kids on a plane home!

have fun!

Joan

mamata2
on 2/23/15 12:19 am

Very good point!  I'll keep my mouth firmly shut for a week!  :)

karenp8
on 2/22/15 10:34 pm - Brighton, IL

I had lots of people telling me to stop losing,some when I was still considered overweight. I think a lot of it is that they are just used to that heavier you. Besides Americans overall have a skewed view of what a normal weight looks like. The biggest percentage are at least overweight themselves. Just keep following your doctors plan and you will end up where your body wants to be.

mamata2
on 2/22/15 10:37 pm

You are so right!  Thank you!  I also think it bugs my mother that I am smaller than her now...

karenp8
on 2/22/15 11:01 pm - Brighton, IL

That could be true. The people that were telling me that were a bit heavy too.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 336 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 378 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 472 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 386 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 336 views