good news bad news

Mybratboys3
on 2/27/15 1:16 am

Woop woop !!! I'm home from the doctor's office and I am OFFICIALLY 50 pounds DOWN !!! 9 weeks 2 days ago I had my surgery and YES I've been miserable until the last 3 days when FINALLY the nausea stopped suddenly !!! Now, I feel amazing ! My diet has been increased and I can now have fresh veggies as well as cooked and salad !! I've been dying for a salad. BUT OF COURSE PROTEIN FIRST! Animal, vegetable, fruit ! Doc says I'm doing amazingly well ! Yippee !!!! I can have a hard shell taco, but no tortillas yet... no rice and no pasta until I lose all the weight that I want to lose. No worries, I GOT THIS !  BUT... here's the bad news.... I started in a size 18 and now I'm a 16 which are a little big... how can I have only lost a size but 50 pounds ??? Yes, I've lost in my butt and boobs, but come on, just one size down in jeans? 

queenbmamafranks
on 2/27/15 1:36 am
RNY on 12/19/13

Congrats and yes I started out a size 24 and it too****il about 70 plus pounds before I went down any clothes size. Crazy!!! But then it just flew THROUGHT the sizes and even skipped some here and there. I am currently a 6-8 now. You are going to rock this!

Moogum73104
on 2/27/15 2:03 am
RNY on 02/02/15 with

That is SO exciting.  March 2nd will be a month after my surgery!  I can't wait to be able to eat a salad again.  That is what I miss the most.  I have to look away when my family is eating a salad because my mouth begins to water just because I want one, not because of hunger.

Keep up the good work!

cspotrun
on 2/27/15 2:07 am
RNY on 07/01/14

I started at a size 18 also, and it took me a long time to go from 18 to 16, and then again to 14.  But then I skipped 12 and went right to 10, and shortly after was in a size 8.  The smaller the size, the quicker you go through them.

Karen   

CindyLu71
on 2/27/15 2:19 am - TX

Exactly! I have lost 31 pounds, and still wearing some of my old clothes! lol Some are sloppy, but I am in between 18 and 16 also. So glad to be out of the plus size clothes!!!!

CindyLu 

JAMStribe
on 2/27/15 3:03 am

Congrats!! Poor thing, I had 5 weeks of nausea too, Dreadful! 

So glad that its over I am super ultra conservative on what I eat.  I don't do "salads" cause

theres no room for all that and still get in my protein.  I do eat fresh spinach cause lettuce and I really dont agree and fruit is the best thing ever !!! 

Keep up the good work,  

Doingrightin2015
on 2/27/15 6:29 am
RNY on 03/10/15

Yes I like salads too and know that is going to be something that I will be so excited when I can have them again. I love the chopped salads you get from subway. I just think about them and laugh when I think about when I can have them again. one salad will make me several meals. LOL

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

Poodlemac
on 2/27/15 10:06 am
RNY on 09/26/14

I started at about a 20 pants and wore a size 12 to work today, comfortably!  It's a different weightloss, though. Some clothes are HUGE in the hips and thighs and tight in the waist. Guess I got to comfortable in the elastic waist pants! 

sqlchick19
on 2/27/15 9:32 pm
RNY on 12/15/14

Congrats on your loss!!!  And for feeling good!!

My surgery was 12/15/14 and I've lost nearly 55 lbs...and am still wearing the same size!!!!  Things just aren't clinging as much.  Trust me...I'm in the same quandary you are.  My rings are bigger, and my cheekbones have reemerged...so I'm assuming I've lost the 50+ lbs in my face and fingers.  Sigh...

AND now I've hit a stall (same weight for the past 2 weeks...)

Banded 12/18/08.  Band removed and revision to RNY on 12/15/14.

Mybratboys3
on 2/27/15 10:52 pm

same here ! I've only lost a pound in the last week when I've been losing 5-6 a week :(

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 369 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 341 views