Can pouch stretch with too much water?

Rosalie123
on 3/6/15 11:50 am

i am 10 days post op. Went to NUT today who said drinking water too fast. I can drink 16 ounces in 20 minutes. I thought I was lucky to be able to drink water so easily when read others troubles getting down an ounce in 15 minutes. What are the chances I stretched my pouch? I asked the NUT and she thought I was fine but just thought I'd check here too. Will definitely drink water slower from now on.

RNY 2/24/15

poet_kelly
on 3/6/15 12:12 pm - OH

No, you can't stretch your pouch drinking water.  If your nutritionist thinks you can, you need to find a registered dietician that has a clue about anatomy after RNY.  Your pouch is shaped kinda like a funnel.  Liquids go right through.  That's why they tell you not to drink with meals.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

White Dove
on 3/6/15 9:58 pm - Warren, OH

The only reason to drink slower is if it is making you vomit.  I had no trouble drinking 16 ounces of water in five minutes a week after surgery.  It does not stretch your pouch and will keep you hydrated.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Rosalie123
on 3/6/15 11:26 pm

THANK YOU! 

RNY 2/24/15

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views