What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 3/4/15 10:10 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning!  I had a hell of a time getting on OH this morning, so I apologize for my lateness.  Actually, that's who I am as a person; chronically late Kristen.  LOL  So here's a confession:  ever since I managed to weigh in under 200, I've had some anxiety about weighing in and what I'm eating.  I remember this feeling from the last time I managed to get myself in the 100s and I don't want to go through that again.  You might know I weigh in on Thursday morning, and I actually woke up at like 3 am, stressing over whether or not I wanted to know what the scale had to say.  I did finally bite the bullet and weigh myself (1 lb down!) but I didn't like that feeling I had.  Any tips on how to maybe manage my expectations or not stress out about it so much?  Yoga?  Meditation?  Quaaludes?  LOL

Time since surgery:  almost 8 months

B:  Click Mocha

S:  Graze Box!  Soy roasted pumpkin and sunflower seeds

L:  Morningstar Farms spicy black bean burger w/ricotta cheese and a deli ham rollup

D:  2 oz. burger with an over easy egg on top and leftover roasted broccoli tossed w/1 TB red pepper hummus.

TOTALS:  Cals:  870  Protein:  73  Carbs:  45  Fat:  47

NEXT!

karenp8
on 3/4/15 10:25 pm - Brighton, IL

I try to make my weigh ins just part of my day,like brushing my teeth. I weighed once weekly when I was in the losing stage but when I got down so low my dietitian suggested weighing daily just so I knew where I was. It doesn't really bother me I just do it and record it and move on to my day. Another cold day here in Illinois. I am over winter for sure! Post op 30 months and weight at 118.8 today. On track with fluids and vitamins so far. Exercise will be program 6 on the treadmill and 40 minutes on the bike. Here's the plan for food today:B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz pork loin with hummus and green pepper D 31/2 oz rib eye grilled and 1/2 c Brussels sprouts S Greek yogurt with plain granola. Have a great day everyone!

karenp8
on 3/4/15 10:26 pm - Brighton, IL

I try to make my weigh ins just part of my day,like brushing my teeth. I weighed once weekly when I was in the losing stage but when I got down so low my dietitian suggested weighing daily just so I knew where I was. It doesn't really bother me I just do it and record it and move on to my day. Another cold day here in Illinois. I am over winter for sure! Post op 30 months and weight at 118.8 today. On track with fluids and vitamins so far. Exercise will be program 6 on the treadmill and 40 minutes on the bike. Here's the plan for food today:B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz pork loin with hummus and green pepper D 31/2 oz rib eye grilled and 1/2 c Brussels sprouts S Greek yogurt with plain granola. Have a great day everyone!

mamata2
on 3/4/15 11:09 pm

Definitely not easy to get on OH this morning but hopefully they have things resolved now.  AV, way to go on the loss!  I weigh myself every day but I don't fret about it.  I just like having some idea of how I am doing.  As long as I am hitting my goals everyday I don't worry about minors fluctuations.  I like that it holds me accountable.  However, at this point in my weight loss I have slowed to an almost stand still.  If I manage to lose my last 18 lbs. I will be ecstatic but if I don't I would be happy right where I am (provided I do not gain).  Maybe I'm not ambitious enough but its good for me.

Time since surgery: 8 months

B: SF latte and Steel Cut Oats with almonds and cherries

S: Coffee with SF creamer and 1/2 Quest bar

L: TJ's pesto chicken sausage, 1/2 oz white cheddar and 1/8 cup Good Bean Chickpeas

S: Kay's Natural BBQ Snack mix

D: Taco meat and cheese

S: Tootsie Roll Pop

W/V: Started

E: REST DAY!

No clue on totals - I left my phone at home :(

Have a great day all!

Berryhoosier
on 3/4/15 11:14 pm
RNY on 12/17/14

Good morning!  I had my blood drawn this morning for my 3 month check up later this month.  I'm having a similar weigh in problem right now, AV.  I'm almost to onderland.  I'm oscillating between 209 and 205.  I've been stuck for 2 weeks.  I've also let too many carbs and snacks and head hunger creep in.  Part of me wonders if I'm secretly terrified of 199 and I'm sabotaging myself.  The other part of me says that's ridiculous and I just need to suck it up.  I also had my heart a little broken this week and I have pms, so those things don't help.  The guy from online I was so excited about turned out to be a con artist.  After 3 1/2 weeks he asked for money.  UGH!  Of course, I didn't give it to him and so he disappeared.  Loser!  I'm really going to try to stick to my plan today!

B:  protein shake (40 g!)

S: 1/2 nutrigrain cereal bar.  I was going to go full-on low carb, but I felt a little shaky after having 11 vials of blood drawn.

L: protein shake

D: mussels marinara - no pasta

S: havarti cheese and strawberries (if needed)

(deactivated member)
on 3/4/15 11:25 pm

Sorry about your online guy. I am sure there are others out there. Just remember you deserve the best. Keep on looking for the right one.

Mussels sound good. I love them. I love all shellfish I have  slight allergy to them but I suck it up and take a benadryl. It is very slight. 

AngryViking
on 3/4/15 11:32 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Oh no, that's terrible about your online guy!  What an asshole!

Berryhoosier
on 3/4/15 11:46 pm
RNY on 12/17/14

Yes.  I kept his emails because I want evidence if he finds a way to steal my identity or something.  But I didn't want to see them every time I logged in, so I put them in a folder and labeled it asshole. lol

(deactivated member)
on 3/4/15 11:59 pm

Smart idea. There are websites where you can look up people for a small fee. It might be worth looking into. If you have a friend who is a cop they maybe able to help you.

mamata2
on 3/4/15 11:43 pm

Ugh... Con artists suck.  You should report him to the website.  Keep fishing!  There is bound to be a good one mixed in with the pond scum.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 392 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 223 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?