What's On Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 3/5/15 10:18 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Berryhoosier
on 3/5/15 10:46 pm
RNY on 12/17/14

Hello!  It's the Friday before Spring break!  WOOHOOO!  Headed to the beach Monday so hopefully I'll be less pale in the next photo!  This is me this morning dialing it in with no makeup.  I'm just trying to get through the day!

I've really been struggling with unplanned snacking this week.  The scale even moved up a couple pounds.  I'm going back to 3 meals and 3 snacks so maybe I'll have an easier time not grazing.  I'm also heading to zumba tonight. I haven't been exercising this week.  I'm afraid of screwing this up.  Lord, help me please!

Breakfast
Naturipe - Strawberries, 8 medium strawberries (147g) 35 8g 0g 1g 0mg 0mg 5g 2g
Fage - 0% Mango Guanabana Yogurt, 150 g 120 18g 0g 13g 0mg 45mg 17g 0g
Lunch
Sara Lee - Black Forest Ham, 2 oz 60 1g 1g 10g 30mg 440mg 1g 0g
Sargento's - Reduced Fat Colby-jack Cheese Slices, 1 slice 50 1g 4g 5g 10mg 120mg 0g 0g
Joseph's - Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Pita Bread, 0.5 pita (1.33 oz.) 30 4g 1g 3g 0mg 150mg 0g 2g
Trader Joes - Sugar Snap Peas, 0.25 cup 13 2g 0g 1g 0mg 0mg 1g 1g
Dinner
Shrimp - Cooked, moist heat, 4 oz(s) 112 0g 1g 24g 221mg 254mg 0g 0g
Peppers - Chili, green, canned, 1 tsp(s) 1 0g 0g 0g 0mg 11mg 0g 0g
Haas Avocado - Haas Avocado (5 Oz.), 0.5 Avocado (30g/1oz) 125 8g 11g 3g 0mg 0mg 0g 5g
El Milagro - Corn Tortilla, 1 Tortilla (23.6g) 50 12g 0g 1g 0mg 0mg 0g 1g
Snack 1
the Good Bean - Roasted Chickpeas With Sea Salt, 21 g 90 13g 2g 4g 0mg 156mg 3g 4g
Sargento Tastings (L P) - Creamy Havarti, 1/6 chunk (33 g) 70 0g 6g 3g 15mg 135mg 0g 0g
Snack 2
Strawberries - Raw, 0.5 cup, halves 24 6g 0g 1g 0mg 1mg 4g 2g
Publix Deli - Cranberry Cheddar Cheese, 0.5 oz 55 0g 5g 4g 15mg 90mg 0g 0g
Snack 3
Aldi - Mini Cucumber, 1 cucumber 10 0g 0g 0g 0mg 0mg 0g 0g
Gretchen's Hummus, 1 serving(s) 55 10g 1g 3g 0mg 154mg 0g 3g
TOTAL: 900 83g 32g 76g 291mg 1,556mg 31g 20g

Daisydoo02
on 3/6/15 1:54 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

You look really pretty Berry!  Never even noticed that you don't have make up on. 

As for the unplanned snacking and afraid of screwing this up, I can only give you what works for me and what I do.  So first off, I am not only petrified of being obese again but now at almost 16 months post op I am in the "anger" stage. Anger that I let myself get so big and so unhealthy.  If I had of know what this surgery could do for me I would have done it in my 20s, not 40s.  So that anger fuels me, it fuels me to workout even when I am stressed or tired or sore, it fuels me that when my boss INSISTS on keeping a MASSIVE bowl of candies (all my fav's of course) in her office I don't have any, I won't let myself go there.  I spend every evening before I go to bed and I make my lunch for the next day and I weigh and measure and sure I am tired and I just want to crawl in bed but for me I need to have a routine, have a plan.  I have built some of the RNY "rules" into my life like its law.  So for me I put my seat belt on every time I get into the car, its law and it will save my life.  So every day I plan my menu, I pack a lunch and I take my vitamins, I drink my 8-10 glasses of liquids and stay away from what for me is "slippery slope foods."  In my head its my "Daisy's Rules," and I just won't bend on them.  And trust me people/family around me who think "oh you are doing great, look at how skinny you are, have a little piece of cake, have a few cookies you can afford it."  No for me just no.  Sorry if I sound preachy, not my intent at all, just wanted to share with you how I make it work and how my mind thinks.  Hope it gives you some food for thought (yes pun intended). 

Keep up the great work, I think you are doing great! 

Berryhoosier
on 3/6/15 2:56 am
RNY on 12/17/14

Thank you, Daisy. This is very helpful! I need to make some "Gretchen rules!" I have been slipping on some things I wouldn't have considered at first. Ex: two bites of cake at a party. Maybe the two bites aren't a problem, but what comes after certainly is! I'm going to sit down this afternoon and write out my rules :)

karenp8
on 3/5/15 11:08 pm - Brighton, IL

I think we're all scared of messing this up! At least I know that's my motivation for continuing to hold myself accountable here. I am 30 months out from surgery and each day is opportunity for many choices. My goal is to make the best choices I can almost all the time. Weight today is 118.4 and I have no picture because I am not at all tech savvy. My son is home for a week this afternoon so I'll see if he can take some and at least post them on my page. On track with fluids and vitamins so far and headed in to do 40 minutes on the bike when I am done here. I will also do treadmill program 6 at 3.7 mph at some point today. Here's the plan for food:B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz chicken 1/2 c Brussels sprouts D 31/2 oz onion burger patty and 1/2 c Brussels sprouts S Salted caramel Greek yogurt with vanilla granola. Have a great weekend everyone and make lots if wise choices!

mamata2
on 3/5/15 11:59 pm

Good morning!  Not a ton of activity on the post today.  I hope you all have a great weekend.  Anyone have any exciting plans?

Time since surgery: 8 Months

B: SF Latte and a scrambled egg and one turkey breakfast sausage link

S: Venti Skinny Mocha and Kind PB and Choc Bar (1st one = LOVE)

L: Left over taco meat, black beans, cheese and a few beanitos chips

S: 1/2 Quest bar

D: TBD

E: Swim

W/V: Started

Have a great day all!

Daisydoo02
on 3/6/15 1:59 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hi Mama, aren't the Kind bars the BEST. OMG I am right there with you, those are my fav too!

AnnyBananny
on 3/6/15 12:12 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Ugh! We have a TON of snow here and it was a mess trying to get to work. But I got my car unstuck and it's supposed to be in the 40s this weekend so hopefully the snow will melt and that whole "in like a lion, out like a lamb" thing will come true...

I'm down to my last few days at my current job, so I'm actually thankful to be here today - I have a lot I would like to accomplish for the transition. Today's plan to work on cleaning up my physical space because it's a bit of a mess. Eeek.

Here's my Photo Friday! My sweet family got me a congratulations present: a gorgeous Michael Kors work bag! Actually, Emily (DCgirl) and Shannon (DodgerGirl) helped them find out what I wanted - super sneaky girls! 

I was a MESS with the snow day yesterday - home all day, bored, and shark week - I ate way inappropriately. Today is better, though I am going to Chipotle for lunch, which actually has decent WLS-friendly choices, but still...eating from home is always better, but nothing sounded good to me from my fridge or freezer!

Time since surgery: 11+ months

B: omelet made with Eggbeaters, turkey sausage, and goat cheese, and a granola thing

S: Coffee with creamer, L&F + PB2

L: 1/3 of a Chipotle burrito bowl with barbacoa, pinto beans, corn salsa, cheese, and sour cream

S: turkey sticks and a Babybel light and a Skinny Vanilla Latte

D: another 1/3 of the burrito bowl

S: SkinnyPop and a Yasso bar

TOTALS: Calories 1230, Protein 100, Carbs 97, Fat 48

V/W: started

E: spinning, maybe, maybe another rest day

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Mr. Ikea and I are headed to Central PA for the birthday party of my childhood BFF's daughter and then staying in a hotel, our first "weekend away!" Sunday is HIS birthday, so I'm hoping the weather cooperates and we can go for a birthday hike someone winter wonderland-y (I'm packing fleece lined tights for under my jeans and multiple pairs of socks!). 

Don't forget, we spring forward on Sunday - boo!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

mamata2
on 3/6/15 12:50 am

Beautiful bag!  Way to go family (and OH spies)!  Enjoy your weekend away!

Daisydoo02
on 3/6/15 1:25 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Gorgeous bag Anny, what a wonderful thoughtful gift!  Love that you have some pretty cool friends on OH who have your back  

Hope you have an awesome weekend with Mr Ikea and your weekend away, sounds awesome and I hope you get some good pics to post for us if you end up doing some cool hiking or other fun things!  What a nice treat, Enjoy!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 427 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 382 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 272 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 409 views
Recent Topics