Any one with stage 4 Kidney Disease?

zzblond
on 3/26/15 11:54 am

I would like to talk to anyone who has kidney disease and has gone through the surgery.  I am considering it and would love to hear your story.  Thanks,

seattledeb
on 3/26/15 7:43 pm

I had ESRD due to FSGS. I was stage 4 when I had RnY. I had surgery to get to a weight that would allow me to have a transplant. I lost 188 pounds and maintained it. I got my kidney and I'm doing well. 

Please friend me and then you can message me and I can tell you anything you need.

RnY saved my life for real.

Deb T.

zzblond
on 3/27/15 2:43 am

Hello Seattledeb,  Not sure if I "friended" you right, Please let me know.  Thank you for your reply.  I am a long time type 2 diabetic of 30 years.  I currently weigh 260 pounds.  I have had two heart attacks and am in stage 4 kidney disease.  My kidney doc has encouraged me to consider WLS so I could get a transplant in the future.    Did the WLS make your kidney function worse? In other words, how long after the WLS did you go into ESRD?  How long was it before you lost your weight, and got your kidney?  I am sorry, but what dose " FSGS" stand for?

I am so glad you got a new kidney and are doing well.  I take great encouragement from that.   Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Thank you,  ~zzblond

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 377 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 470 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 385 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?