BA and arm lift - post-op experience

NadiaM
on 3/28/15 12:36 pm, edited 3/28/15 12:40 pm

**warning: long post ahead**

I've posted this in the PS forum but thought could be informative for some fellow RnYers here.

Just had a breast augmentation and arm lift with Dr. Bernard Shuster in Hollywood Florida this past Tuesday March 24th. 

From my initial consult in December 2014 to surgery day and till my 2 post consults since surgery I have to say that Dr. Shuster and his ENTIRE staff have been beyond exceptional. Available, professional, patient... I really can't even find the words to describe my satisfaction. 

My gastric bypass surgeon was a master in his field and in the OR but he was not very good bedside. Although did an exceptional job, he was quick and to the point bedside. 

Dr. Shuster performed miracles on my arms that even he said was a lot of skin. My BA is already looking amazing and my scars on my arms are also looking quite good. He kept telling me how excited he was to perform surgery on me because of how toned my arms were (focused a lot on them at the gym months prior to surgery) and my boobs were down to an A cup after all the weight loss. 

I can go on and on about the whole staff who even my parents who were with me along the way couldn't believe the care and attention from everybody (even the hospital staff called me the next day to check up). 

Ok - so how do I feel? How was the pain? Day of surgery was not too bad as I still had anesthesia in my body. Day 2 and 3 were a little more painful when the painkillers started to ware off but nothing that was excruciating. Today, day 4, much better. Took 1 painkiller after my shower because I pushed myself a little. Just been relaxing and definitely needed my mom to help out with pulling my joggers up and down to go pee (was able to wipe myself though) and she definitely helped to adjust me in bed and keep track of my pills. Today, was much more independent but still needed some help post-shower. Definitely by 1 week post op I'll be close to 100% independent without lifting anything too heavy of course. 

Overall, everything seems perfect up to now. Just gotta make sure to not have any soutures open and no infections. Will post pics soon enough! 

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 4/3/15 2:30 pm - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

Nadia, do you mind sharing what was the cost of your surgery and did you stay the night in the hospital?

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

NadiaM
on 4/3/15 11:15 pm

Hi Sonja,

email me at [email protected] - it'll be easier to give you all the info you need :-)

Hope to hear from you soon,

Nadia 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 481 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 443 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 394 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?