RNY last monday, pain in side below no incisions

mute
on 3/27/15 11:40 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

I had RNY on Monday and everything went well. I came home on Wed and have been doing ok. I'm working on getting my water and vitamins in and trying to eat since I'm not hungry at all. 

But my main problem is that I am having really bad pain on my left side. I know the Dr's said to expect worse pain on the left side because that's where the camera goes in and they do more work over there as well as having the drain there too. But the pain doesn't correspond with the incision, it's a lot lower, almost along my bikini line. I have a previous scar there from another surgery I had. I'm not having pain anywhere else but this one is bothering me since I don't know if it's normal? I have a follow up on Tuesday so I will definitely be asking then.

But can anyone here remember if pain on the left side that doesn't match up with the incision?

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

Kathy S.
on 3/27/15 11:50 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

If you have not done so already call your surgeon's office and or go to the ER.  Pain is not something to ignore.  Please update us on how you are doing.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

mute
on 3/28/15 12:16 am
RNY on 03/23/15

I had surgery 4 days ago so it doesn't seem unheard of to have pain to me. I've had a lot of surgery and am always compliant with instructions. I've looked over my side effect list of things I'm supposed to pay attention to and nothing is going that is alarming.

The pain isn't constant, it's mainly when I'm getting up or sitting down - so basically using my stomach muscles. And I'm trying not to take my pain meds because I want to be off of them so I can drive next week. No temp either.

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

ChillOutWayne
on 3/28/15 9:03 am
RNY on 03/02/15

I too had similar pain starting about a week after surgery lasting about a week-10 days. I ended up finding the stitches blown out on one of my smaller incisions and it was a real mess in there. No infection or anything so I've kept it clean and it's felt a lot better in the area. I've had steri-strips on both that incision and the bigger one and change them out every 2 days, both of those incisions are still open quite a bit. I'm expecting it to take a full 6 weeks or so to close up completely, but I have minimal discomfort at all. 

ChristineV
on 3/28/15 9:26 am

I had RNY on Wednesday.  I had been having some shooting pain every now and then on my left side since surgery.  My surgeon and I discussed this last night before I was released from the hospital and he said my pain was likely muscular, due to all the walking I did since I woke from surgery.

File Transferred:  January 2015, Orientation in Thunder Bay via OTN:  January 26, 2015, One-on-one appointments with Dr. Abu-Bakare and Dietician:  February 13, 2015, Sleep test:  February 22, 2015, One-on-one appointment with Psychologist:  February 23, 2015, OTN appointment with surgeon and surgery booked:  March 5, 2015, Surgery Date:  March 25, 2015

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 313 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 372 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 464 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 379 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 313 views