15days outand still more hoops to jump threw

momx3
on 3/29/15 1:37 am

Hi I just started my.liquid diet but also got a call Friday saying they needed/ yet another sleep study :(

My pulmonologist says it silly I do t need it but hospital insisting!very frustrating have to wait till tomorrow to find everything but praying that it is not necessary. I just want to get to my date! Tuesday I have meetings with surgeon and nutrition its but annoyed I left her 3messages never returned one. Nerves are off the hook. This whole process is a massive test of indurance and commitment! I can not take any more _one more thing!2 weeks away!I'm ready! Lots to.deal with it. If you could loose weight by crying I'd be ski by now! Incrementally exhausted from all this. I truly hope this new issue of cpap titration is not necessary!!! Dr says not at all needed hospital says it is. Uh huh til tomorrow..... 

(deactivated member)
on 3/29/15 1:56 am - Canada

I am so sorry that you are going through all of this. I know it feels unfair and unnecessary. What helped me through it was looking at it as a challenge that I have to overcome, just like my new stomach and everything that comes with that will have to be dealt with and conquered. Try to think of it as training for the big race. This time ahead of the surgery prepares us and gets us ready to tackle anything post-op that comes along. Hope this helps a little. I'll be thinking of you and sending good vibes your way. Let me know how things go. Chris

momx3
on 3/29/15 2:21 am

Hi

thank you! Your words were truly awesome. Yes much better way to look at it. I'm trying to

be postive but at every turn I think ok now it's just a matter of time but then something

elsr comes up. But you inspired me not to

ne so nervous r. You sound happy. Where are you in process again you words meant the world to be. I will keep re reading when i

get frustrated. All the best! 

momx3
on 4/3/15 2:00 am

Hi wow thanks for great advice! I'm 10 days out til surgery and everything you said made great sense ! Thank you so much! Where are you in process ? Your right its def good training. But I miss coffee! I'm also a baker and pretty good cook. My family is like going threw with drawl having a hard time with smells and cooking at least right now. 

Thanks so much. Toni

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/15 11:21 am - Canada

Hi Toni. I'm glad that I was able to help a bit. I am 6-7 weeks post op. I can't imagine all of the things that Americans have to go through to get approval for this surgery. I mean, I had multiple tests but I don't know how I would have handled having to wait for insurance coverage. In Ontario we have "free" health care. (of course we pay taxes for this) But at least there is no financial out of the pocket for us. I also miss coffee. Have you noticed there is lack of consistency as far as rules? For example: I hear lots of people on here say they have coffee. My bariatric clinic says I'm not to have it ever again unless it's decaf. I'm also surprised at the variation of pre-op diets. I've heard that some people don't have any restrictions before hand. I had to do 2 weeks of Opti-fast shakes. I still have a real problem with powdered protein. Just the thought of it makes me gag. LOL. I'm doing my best to get all my protein from real food. I could never see the point of drinking calories but need to get use to it. Keep my posted on how you're doing. I was fortunate not to have to worry about cooking for a family. My boyfriend fends for himself and my sons are living on their own. Stay in touch. Chris

christinerocks
on 3/29/15 2:05 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

This surgery and all the work required before and after is definitely not for sissies!  Hang in there!

My surgery is scheduled 4/6, just over a week away, and I am still jumping through hoops for final insurance approval.  My surgeon is going to set up a peer to peer review this week and says he will go the extra mile to get me approved.  I was freaking out but am really trying to stay calm.  We need to be calm and focus on our health.  Do maybe take some extra time to walk or meditate or pray? Take a nice bath and try to relax? 

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

momx3
on 3/29/15 2:54 am

Hi omg! You are so right. Not for sissies! It's like a test of endurance and comminent! Good luck please let me know how it goes! Between drs and insurance its a roller coaster of emotions! Please stay in touch. I'm here for you too. Sounds like we are same rocky road!!! Hopefully should get easier once we actually have surgery!allthe best! Prayers! Best wishes. 

momx3
on 4/3/15 2:07 am

Hi yup same boat ! Good luck! I'm 10 days out! April13 ... Good luck I have one more hoop on the 8 th I hope that's it! How are you doing on shakes and stuff. Some days are better than others yesterday I cried all day. I was physically and mentally drained. I feel tired headaches im just anxious. I have 3 sons and husband all supportive but it's hard. My dad died at 54 in operating table. His second open heart surgery but he wouldn't give up bacon and eggs and cigs. Was almost 30 years ago but fear of dying on table scares me. Keep thinking I should write letters to my boys just in case but ughh I don't want to think like that. Best of luck to you. Hang in there ! Thanks for your support. Stay in touch! Toni

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views