What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 3/29/15 10:31 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning all!  I hope everyone had a nice relaxing weekend!  My weekend was pretty low key for once.  Just some usual housework and standing around watching my husband play with the backhoe.  He asks me like 10 times a day if I think his tractor's sexy.  LOL  On the flipside, I'm home sick today thanks to some kind of stomach bug, so my menu at this point does not extend beyond water and dry toast.  Tell me what you guys are eating!  I'm making a grocery list and need inspiration. 

mamata2
on 3/29/15 10:58 pm

Oh AV, I hope you feel better!  It sucks to be sick!  Tell your husband his tractor would be a whole lot sexier if he was Kenny Chesney ;)  We had a great weekend here.  Full of exercise and cooking, are those supposed to go together?  I ran 3 miles on Saturday with no pain so I was beyond happy!  Yesterday my husband made his award winning chili and I tried a new bread pudding recipe.  OMG, it was so good but the stats are so horrible.  I made him take it to work this morning.  Also, I hit the 150s this weekend!  I couldn't believe my scale :)

Time since surgery: Almost 9 months

B: SF Latte and McD's Egg White Delight

S: 1/2 Quest Bar

L: My hubbies chili and a few Beanitos chips

S: 1/2 Quest Bar

Post-workout: EAS Carb Control Shake

D: Likely more chili maybe over a hot dog

S: Tootsie pop (my latest indulgence for 60 cal)

W/V: Started

E: Spin Class

Totals: Calories 1136, Protein 94, Carbs 134 (oops), Fat 46

Have a great day all!

Emiepie
on 3/30/15 12:21 am
RNY on 08/11/14

congrats!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Dcgirl
on 3/29/15 11:25 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Awww Kristen - sorry you are so sick :(  Apparently it's all over the country.  My Facebook feed is full of complaints.  There are many benefits to working from home and not picking up the flu is one of them!

I am quite thrilled because I sent my plastic surgeon the stats on how many cc's my drains are collecting and he said I can come in at lunch and have the drains removed.  Thank GOD because I have to go into our Virginia office on Wednesday and hiding bloody drains has proven to be somewhat challenging lol.  Honestly, I can't believe how easy the recovery has been - I went out to dinner on Friday and Sunday night with friends, and walked 1.8 miles yesterday.  I am 10 days post-op LBL and BL and so thrilled with the results so I can only imagine how I will look when the swelling is down.  Sorry to be so annoyingly happy about it but it's such a new thing to like looking at my naked self in the mirror lol.

B: Two coffees with low fat half and half, salted caramel light and fit yogurt with high protein granola

L: Leftover pho soup with chicken and tofu in it

S: ?

D: I have two friends coming over so I am going to buy a Peruvian chicken and some sides - there is a place a block from me that is just too delicious and it's an easy way to entertain!

S: Yasso mint chocolate chip greek yogurt ice cream bar

I don't know if that inspires your grocery list but my go-tos are always ground turkey for Mexican-ish food, light and fit yogurt, cheese, chicken sausage, flat out light wraps to make little pizzas, egg beaters and veggies/bacon/cheese to make crustless quiche, and my new obsession, these bags of small sweet peppers that look like mini bell peppers and are in a bag and you can just munch on them, or fill them with goat cheese :)

Have a great day, all!  Em

(deactivated member)
on 3/29/15 11:53 pm

I am so glad you share your story about plastics. I would love to have them done but paying for a college student. I am not sure I could endure the pain.

I am so proud of you Em. You have been so positive a great asset to the forums. 

Dcgirl
on 3/30/15 12:21 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

You are way too kind, Susan!  I swear, the pain was bad on day 2 but not since then. And I am a baby.  The incisions don't hurt at all.  In fact, they itch a bit.  The abdominal pain is what is tough.  I am already back to working, going out in the evening, and my goal is to walk at least a mile a day this week.  And then up that to two miles a day next week.  This is VERY hard for me, as someone who consistently was getting 4-6 miles a day in per day.  But I know I need to take it easy :)

Paying for it is not easy, but I would do it again tomorrow!  A kid in college trumps plastics, however :)

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/15 12:37 am

My daughter does have to pay part of it. She is not getting off without having some part in this. The price off it is crazy. Just for housing alone is as much as her classes she takes. 

She is doing really well. My son went to Universal Tech to be a truck tech and that was only an 18 month program that is paid off thank god. 

He is working in Maryland and has his own place. I miss him but proud of him at the same time.

Emiepie
on 3/30/15 12:22 am
RNY on 08/11/14

So darn happy for you that your drains are coming out!!! 

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

(deactivated member)
on 3/29/15 11:52 pm

Hope you feel better. I got hit with it last week with it. I think it is adorable that your husband asks you about the tractor. Such a good thing.

My menu this week is going to be mostly steaks and chicken on the grill. I made Lentil soup last night. I didn't really like it that much. I will make burgers to. 

B:Coffee /Egg with ham and a little bit of cottage cheese

L:Protein bar I have an appointment at 11:30 and I will be on the run

S:Cheese stick

D:Filet and salad

S:Yogurt

Vitamins are in. Water is going down. Exercise not sure yet. I have to do some heavy house cleaning and clean up the yard. So I guess that can be my exercise for the day.

karenp8
on 3/30/15 12:04 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning everyone! I had a quiet weekend too with the usual cleaning and spending some extra time with hubby. We did go to a couple yard sales Saturday which was fun. Also a local grocery store had a seafood sale. Never thought I would be excited for a huge box of cod or extra large 14 count shrimp,but I was! Sorry you are sick,Kristen. My hubby says it's going around at his work too. Yesterday was my 31 month surgiversary! I still sometimes feel like it must be a dream. Weight today is 119. On track with vitamins and fluids so far and exercise will be three miles later with Lily,2 miles on the treadmill and 20 minutes on the bike. Friday I go back to the doctor for a recheck and will hopefully be cleared to do whatever I want. Then I can get back to lunges and planks with Jillian! Here's the food plan for today:B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L thin sliced deli chicken and cheese and 80 cal banana cream yogurt D yummy ginormous shrimp with garlic butter and 1/2 c sweet potatoes. Can't wait for my shrimp! Does anybody here do yoga? There is a new yoga studio in Alton nearby. Wondering how coordinated you have to be?! I would love to try but not a big class person as I can stumble over my own feet. They have aerial yoga too. Today I am making peanut butter pupcakes for Lily for her 6th birthday tomorrow. I must be crazy!! Have a great day everybody full of healthy choices!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 495 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 352 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 435 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 398 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 105 views
Recent Topics