What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 3/30/15 10:39 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning all!  I am back at work today, but seriously considering leaving early.  I'm just not feeling 100%, so I'll see how the next couple of hours go.  You guys were awesome yesterday on the post with the menus and encouragement.  I love each and every one of you. 

Oh, so I forgot to tell you about a yummy salad I had at Denny's on Sunday!  It was a cranberry apple chicken salad and the half size (which was huge!) was 270 calories with 26 grams of protein.  It also came with a tantalizingly aromatic garlic bread, which I grudgingly gave to my son.  Tell me about your favorite post-op eating out food discovery!

Here's the (tentative) eats:

B:  1 coffee and a Click Mocha.  (I got mah Amazon delivery yesterday.  *happydance*)   I also have a Muller 100 in back cherry pomegranate just in case, but the Click is pretty filling so...

L:  The last of the Buffalo chicken salad and pork rind crackers

S:  celery sticks with herb and garlic Laughing Cow

D:  Black bean burger and an over easy egg with salsa

TOTALS:  Cals:  816  Protein:  83  Carbs:  56  Fat:  30

Have a great day!

mamata2
on 3/30/15 11:03 pm

Good morning all!  AV, make sure to take of yourself!  Yesterday was pretty uneventful other than a Cyclub spin class that completely kicked my butt!  My favorite post-op eating out food discovery... I would have to say that I'm a bit more adventurous in everything these days.  This weekend we went to a fusion Asian  restaurant and I had Korean barbeque that was amazing.  Also, I eat way more seafood than I ever did post-op.

Daisy and the other runners out there: Do you use compression socks while you run or for recovery?  If so, what brands do you like?

Time since surgery: almost 9 months

B: SF Latte and 1/2 Egg White Delight with bun, half without (man they are filling)

S: 1/2 Quest Bar

L: 2.5 oz leftover General Tso's chicken with 2 tbsp. fried rice

S: 1/2 Quest Bar

D: Ricotta Pancakes and 2 slices turkey bacon

Post workout: EAS Carb Control Shake

S: Tootsie pop (should not have bought a whole bag!)

W/V: Started

E: 2000m swim

Totals: Calories 1023, Protein 80, Carbs 94, Fat 42

Have a great day all!

AnnyBananny
on 3/30/15 11:16 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Funny you asked about compression wear - I just heard a piece of it on NPR yesterday. Apparently a recent study found that it does nothing for your performance - unless you really believe it will help, because the placebo effect is real!

On the other hand, it might aid in recovery as it helps prevent inflammation caused by increased blood flow. 

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

mamata2
on 3/30/15 11:21 pm

Wow!  A lot of people swear by them so I figured it was grounded in science, however, I didn't think it would be psychology.  I'll have to read up.  Thanks!

AnnyBananny
on 3/30/15 11:14 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Glad you're at least starting to feel better, AV, but take it easy getting back into real life. 

Today is my last day as "incoming Executive Director," the outgoing ED finally goes out and I'm officially "in charge" tomorrow. OMG, how terrifying is that?! And exciting, but terrifying as well LOL. One of the things I'm most looking forward to is making myself at home in my new office. It's quite large and has potential, but right now is a big mess. I'll need to reorganize so it makes sense to me AND most importantly find a spot for my new mini fridge and healthy snack station LOL.

This morning I finally made it to the gym after letting myself off the hook for the first two weeks at my new job. I have only been to two classes since I started and that makes me really sad - I have to figure out how to get to my BodyPump and spinning classes, they give me such a great burn and I miss it!

Time since surgery: 1+ year

B: coffee with creamer, omelet made with Eggbeaters, goat cheese, and turkey sausage, a yogurt tube

S: L&F + PB2

L: deli ham, egg salad with 34 degrees crackers, granola thin

S: pistachios and a Babybel

D: TJ's chicken sausage with reduced sugar ketchup, steamed carrots

S: SkinnyPop and a frozen yogurt bar (last night I was inspired to make some of my own frozen yogurt bars with vanilla L&F, a drizzle of honey, and chopped pistachios - the spoonful that didn't fit in my popsicle mold was delicious, so fingers crossed)

TOTALS: Calories 1306, Protein 101, Carbs 92, Fat 72

V/W: started

E: solo time at the gym - if I get out of my evening meeting in time I'm going to rush to BodyPump, but my hopes aren't high

My go-to eating out post op tends to Chipotle if I can talk people into it - I get a burrito bowl with no rice, barbacoa, pinto beans, fajita veggies, sour cream, cheese, and corn salsa and can eat about 1/3 it - which means around 200 calories and 14 grams of protein. My other go-to is an omelet - no matter where I am, you can usually get some sort of ham/cheese omelet and it's a decent choice.

AngryViking
on 3/30/15 11:17 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

OMG, Chipotle.  I haven't been there since before surgery!  I think a trip is in order...

How exciting (and terrifying) for you to finally be in charge!  But mostly exciting!

AnnyBananny
on 3/30/15 11:19 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Do it! Plus, if you're a better RNYer than I, you'll skip the corn salsa and get "a little" cheese and sour cream and your numbers can be even better. But even with my exact order the numbers aren't too bad.

(deactivated member)

I hope you feel better. I have to say I like to grocery shop and read labels.  

B:Hard boiled egg with a hard boiled egg white with some strawberries

S:Cheese stick

L:Tuna in olive oil and a bit of mayo/ Shrimp 

S:Yogurt 

D:Lentil soup with ham or left over steak and broccoli 

S:Shrimp

I hope you all have a great day.

Berryhoosier
RNY on 12/17/14

Good morning.  Yesterday I worked with the trainer at the Y to set up strength training.  I'm supposed to go through the plan on my own tonight or tomorrow morning.  Then Thursday afternoon I'll work with the trainer again so he can correct form and answer questions.  I'm looking forward to getting stronger.

On a side note:  Dating is hard.  I'm not sure I was missing out as much as I thought I was. lol.  Also, I'm discovering that I'm not really ready for a full-on relationship because I'm still figuring out who I am.  Also, I'm learning to flirt, and it's fun.  I don't really want to limit myself HAHA!

B: 2 corn tortillas with rf cheese and guacamole

L: Ham and cheese on low carb pita, baby carrots

S: Rest of ham and cheese pita

D:  ? Mahi mahi and quinoa with squash if I cook, grilled nuggets and fruit if I don't cook.

E: Walk with dog for sure and strength training at Y if I have time.  If not, I'll go in the morning.

Water and vits: started - Now that I'm drinking coffee, I'm finding it harder to get all my water in.  So I'll be watching this closely today.

AnnyBananny
on 3/31/15 12:24 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Seriously, Berry, dating IS hard. I'm still seeing Mr. Ikea, but before him, I just felt like it was one dud after the other. Internet dating can be fun - it's like ordering off a menu, but it can also get so freaking tiresome. But remember, going on A date doesn't commit you to anything - so date around, practice flirting, and enjoy some free coffee/meals/drinks LOL (I'm such a bad person).

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 491 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 347 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 431 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 398 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 102 views