Isopure

SweetShae
on 4/18/15 3:25 pm

Do you recommend Isopure...if so what kind do you like and how do u make it? 

MickeyDee
on 4/18/15 8:31 pm

I've used the Zero Carb as well as the Low Carb;  I also have used the Dutch Chocolate, French Vanilla, and the Unflavored varieties.  All are good.

You might also like to try the Syntrax Nectar samples just to see how you like those.

danie11e
on 4/18/15 10:15 pm, edited 4/18/15 10:16 pm

I really like the Isopure brand - my favorite is the Banana Cream and I always keep the unflavored on hand. I will say the Pineapple Orange was AWFUl (luckily I purchased from Amazon and they let me return it for a refund). I use the Kroger Carbmaster Milk when I make the banana. They mix really well, no clumps.

I also buy the Syntrax Nectar (grape and cherry are my favorites), but I find they do not mix as well. These I make with jus****er. I have to make them in a blender bottle and usually let sit for a couple hours or they are clumpy.

RNY 03/02/2015

I'm worth it!

Grim_Traveller
on 4/18/15 10:24 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

The nutrition information on the premixed Isopure I tried was excellent. If you like the taste, go for it. I could not choke them down myself. Utterly horrible.

I alse liked the Syntrax Nectar, in lemonade and fruit punch.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

lcraver
on 4/20/15 6:50 am, edited 4/20/15 6:50 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

I agree on the Isopure premixed drinks. I saw good reviews and thought, great, I will be able to get lots of protein in. But the taste is horrible! One of the people I work with said, just sip it all day... I thought that would ruin the whole day!  LOL

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

Amy-77
on 4/19/15 5:53 am - WI
RNY on 12/03/14

I buy the premixed Isopure as I like that better than any other protien drink I tried (and I tried a lot).  I still don't like the premixed on it's own so I mix it 50/50 with a crystal light (1 water bottle, 1 crystal light and 1/2 the isopure bottle).  If I drink this twice in one day Im getting in 40 grams protein and hitting my liquid goals.  Though I usually drink 1 bottle water during the morning and another at night.  

My favorite flavors are grape, apple and the fruit punch and all mix well with grape and fruit punch crystal light and I found a generic cherry that goes well with it.

Height: 5'6    Highest Weight: 386     Surgery Weight (12/3/14): 344    Enjoy every day!

TheBee
on 4/19/15 1:59 pm
RNY on 04/20/15

I've used the Dutch Chocolate, the Columbian Coffee and the unflavored one.  I liked them so well I bought the Vanilla but was on clear fluids today so drank the clear ones.  The Lemon Tea wasn't too terrible, the coconut one, I only gagged down half of it. I've used water, almond milk and the new cashew milk with the powders.  I added the clear to V-8, which was actually quite delicious and to hot broth which created a foam and was somewhat chunky, even if I whirled it in the Bullet.  I had to attend a luncheon during my pre-op week so I mixed low sodium V-8 with a Hot and Spicy V-8, added a stalk of celery and juiced a lemon, a scoop of the unflavored protein and whirled it in the Bullet, then froze it in a shaker bottle.  It made for a nice lunch after it thawed!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 150 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics