What was your pre op diet like and how was it?

SweetShae
on 4/18/15 3:24 pm

Tuesday I start 2 weeks of pre op liquids and proteins. 

How did it go for you? 

mornings
on 4/18/15 3:42 pm - Canada

good luck its not so bad really ,   im a diabetic and when I was on my liquid the first time I kinda had days  that didn't agree with me but my  nurse did allowed me only lettuce in a small bowl with alittle vinger for taste only when I was at that  stage where I needed something ,    I do my diet once more for revision on may 12th  so  just think  2 weeks will fly by  its just them first few days  that maybe alittle hard

brandycain
on 4/18/15 5:40 pm

Wow, 2 weeks?  I only had one week and it was rough.  Hardest part for me was the rest of my family eating.  Find something that will distract you while everyone else eats.  Good luck!  You can do it and it will go by quick.  :)

-Brandy- 

Surgery April 7th 2015.

mornings
on 4/18/15 9:56 pm - Canada

most doctors here in Canada  at the clinic  make you do a 2 week diet then 2 weeks after  only fluids

newmein2015
on 4/19/15 12:25 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I did 1 week and the first 3 days or so were extremely difficult.  By day 4, my body adjusted. Lots of water and tea were helpful, as well as the guidance and support from this forum.  Every preop diet is different, some are allowed more than others - which I think make a huge difference.  I read some people were allowed 4 oz of lean protein a day. I wouldve killed for that! :-)  Ultimately, you can do it.  You will survive, keep focused and remember the long term goal.  Its worth it in the end.

bdk515
on 4/19/15 12:54 am - Kingston, ON, Canada
RNY on 05/06/15

Funny, I was just about to post an excited post to this very topic!  On Wednesday I begin a two week opti fast /liquid diet pre op - RNY on May 6.

I'm a big "preparer" and have to psych myself up for what is about to come....so I sampled the opti when I first brought it home - I was not wowed, to say the least and the only fear I have about this whole journey was seeded - I could not imagine choking down 4 opti fast drinks each day, so I got creative.

i mixed a package with recommended amount of water and then poured it into ice cube trays and froze it.  My neighbour allowed me to test drive her Yonanas machine and I processed those cubes through the Yonanas (twice for a nice creamy texture) and added some Torani SF salted caramel syrup - ALMOST delicious.  

I am now official ready to tackle the next two weeks and come out the other end with flying colours.

best of luck and you've come this far - this part is so minor in the grand scheme of things!

SweetShae
on 4/19/15 1:04 am

Thank you so much for the help. I have my class tomorrow to go over the diet and start tuesday; surgery may5!

I'm hoping they sell optifast; not sure about everything since I haven't had the class yet. :\\\

What is a yonana machine?? I love the idea of blending ty

recordsmom
on 4/20/15 3:20 am
RNY on 04/28/15

I'm starting week 2 of my pre-op diet today.  Not liquid though, high protein, low carb, low fat. Then the day before surgery is all clear liquids.  It hasn't been too hard, and I've lost 7 pounds this week!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 419 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 14 replies · 94 views
Recent Topics