1 week post op- Heat rash

Missmandy24
on 4/26/15 1:30 pm

Tomorrow is one week post op. Today I developed a Heat rash. We had a sudden weather warm up here in central CA so I am sure that mixed with my inability to wear a bra comfortably (so not wearing one at all) attributes to this Heat ra**** is under my boobs and under my stomach fold. Today I put Muslin Cotten fabric in between when I was sedentary. I also applied some powder carefully and with help. I made sure to keep it dry and it seems better but I am still gonna call the surgeons office tomorrow and ask what they reccomend (come to them or my local doc or treat at home). Anyone experience this and have any thoughts or advice? Thanks

NYMom222
on 4/26/15 4:27 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

For me when I have gotten those types or rashes I put a thin layer of vaseline on it to seal it from further irritation for the time being. Just make sure it is clean first. To prevent rashes I also swipe my underarm deodorant in all those places as well...under my breast under my stomach fold.. it really helps, but I wouldn't do it while the skin is raw... Feel better...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

brenda_m
on 4/27/15 1:16 am - Renick, WV

Being overweight and pre-op, I use Desitin. Make sure your skin is dry. Desitin will help heal and keep you dry. The rashes can cause alot of pain. Like a diaper rash for babies. It really helps.

Missmandy24
on 4/27/15 2:54 pm

Thanks! My doc called me back this morning and thinks it is probably the actigal causing it. :( so she had me stop it and take Benadryl. So far not much change. I did spot treat a spot with A&D to see if it helped but it didn't seem to help that much. :/ that's what I have on hand for my babies diaper rash. I am gonna try again tomorrow and see if it just needed time. Tonight I am airing out with like powder on it.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 420 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 235 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?