What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 4/27/15 10:19 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Good morning all!  It's shaping up to be a nice day; temps in the 60s with actual sunshine!  I'll be outside enjoying it after work at my son's game, too.  I'd like to walk the 2 mile parking lot route again, but I also want to watch the game.  Decisions, decisions.

I'm pretty pleased with my menu today.  I feel like I shook things up a little and am eating some things I don't usually to keep it interesting.  Except for the Buffalo chicken salad.  I love that **** and never get tired of it.  Thanks Anny!  What meal or food do you never tire of?

B:  coffee and a Special K ham egg and pepper jack flatbread sandwich

S:  Friendship Fit to Go 4% and Butterball smoked turkey sticks

L:  Buffalo chicken salad and pork rind crackers

D:  Fried venison backstrap and roasted cabbage

TOTALS:  Cals:  853  Protein:  97  Carbs:  37  Fat:  36

mamata2
on 4/27/15 10:37 pm

Good morning, I am having a hell of time getting into a routine with this new job (hence my lack of post yesterday, although I did stop by yesterday afternoon to read everyone's).  My protein numbers have been way down and my calories way up.  I need to avoid the candy and baked goods that seem to be the norm around here.  I am looking quick ideas (little prep) ideas for lunch and snacks.  I know after the last week that cashews need to come off my menu.  They are just not worth the calories.  Also, I need new oatmeal mix-ins.  Any ideas?

My weekend was busy but I completed the Crazy Legs Classis 8K (5 mile) run here in Madison.  I had a wonderful time but missed my goal by 34 seconds :(  My next race is in 3 weeks  and I am scared to death.  This will be my longest triathlon ever!!

Here is a pic from this weekend after the race with my little ones:

Time since surgery: Almost 10 months

B: SF Latte and Oats with PB&Co White Chocolate Wonderful mixed in

S: String Cheese

L: Carb Conscious tortilla, Krave Jerky and Guyere

S: Kay's Natural Cinnamon Toast Pretzels

D: Chicken thighs and asparagus

Post-workout: EAS Carb Control Shake

W/V: Started

E: 3200m Swim

Totals: Calories 1152, Protein 105, Carb 90, Fat 51

Have a great day all!

AngryViking
on 4/27/15 11:14 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Aww, what a great picture!  Last week I was having a string cheese and a HB egg for my late AM snack; that worked really well keeping me full until lunchtime.  I also like jerky or smoked turkey sticks; cottage cheese, Laughing Cow with celery or an apple...  And I haven't done this in a while, but I love shrimp ****tail.  The lunch portion I was taking out of the freezer was pretty much defrosted in the work fridge by lunchtime.  Add some ****tail sauce and I am a happy girl; plus you can't beat the protein numbers.

Emiepie
on 4/28/15 12:06 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Great pic!!! I love my thin addictives with wedge of laughing cow. 

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

mamata2
on 4/28/15 12:08 am

What kind of Laughing cow do you use?  

Emiepie
on 4/28/15 12:17 am
RNY on 08/11/14

The light swiss wedges. :)

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

AnnyBananny
on 4/28/15 4:23 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Ugh, I'm seriously struggling with my new job too. My fluids have been super low (new bottle to arrive today), my menu has been less planned, and my exercise is loooooow.

Anyway, I'm just commiserating - I don't have any real advice or anything LOL.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

karenp8
on 4/27/15 11:03 pm - Brighton, IL

Good morning everyone! Its a beautiful day here in Illinois even if it's a *****illy here early. After I finish my coffee Lily and I will head to the park. Yesterday we did 31/2 miles so will try for that again today. Generally we wal****il she starts to lag behind me. I will also do another 2.5 miles on the treadmill as well. If I have time I will do 25 minutes on the bike as well. Post op one day shy of 32 months post op and weight at 119.8. On track with fluids and vitamins so far. Here's the food plan: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz chicken breast with hummus and pepper strips D 31/2 oz deli chicken and cheese with 1/2 c cauliflower S salted caramel yogurt with granola. Have a great day everyone with lots of smart choices!

Emiepie
on 4/28/15 12:18 am
RNY on 08/11/14

yummmmm, salted caramel and hummus.

Emiepie
on 4/28/15 12:15 am, edited 4/28/15 12:16 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Getting ready for an executive visitor today at work...hope it goes well. Today we should hit 90-not ready for that at ALL.  Walk in place while watching the game :) (I might be a little sassy today!)

I can always eat yogurt, love it and it's a staple in my diet oh and my thin addictives!

Time since surgery: 8+ months

B: SF Starbucks cinnamon dolce latte (LOVE GYM DAYS!) and my usual egg beater scramble and fruit

S: Cranberry Thin Addictives and laughing cow wedge

L: P3 Ham pack and string cheese unless we go out today in which case I usually have grilled chicken 

S: L&F Greek blueberry yogurt with a handful of granola tossed in

D: Apple pie quest bar and string cheese on the run due to support group tonight

E: 1 hour cardio

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1018 Protein: 88 Carbs: 105 Fat: 30

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics