Surgery in t-12 hours and counting

bdk515
on 5/5/15 1:55 pm - Kingston, ON, Canada
RNY on 05/06/15

until now, I've been relaxed - excited even - for this day.  All of a sudden I am terrified, I can't sleep, I am filled with self doubt.  It has been years of research, planning, consultation and inner reflection to get me to this point and I'm stunned at myself that I'm seriously considering pitching it all in because of these jitters.

Advice and words of wisdom from the veterans out there would be so appreciated!  

cspotrun
on 5/5/15 2:05 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

Cold feet is totally normal but don't give into your last minute fears. They are natural but the rational, logical side of you knows this the decision for you. Your anxiety will all be gone once you wake up from life changing and saving surgery and realize how bright your future is. You got this!

Karen   

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/15 4:22 am - Canada

You are going to do great! I felt the same way right before my surgery. Just keep reminding yourself that you have done all the research and this is the right thing for you. I see you are from Kingston, Ontario. I'm using the Hotel Dieu Bariatric clinic and assume you are too? Please give us an update when you're feeling up to it. You'll love this site and don't forget there is also a Forum for Ontario as well. I'll be thinking of you. Best wishes! Chris

bdk515
on 5/6/15 5:09 am - Kingston, ON, Canada
RNY on 05/06/15

Thanks for the words of encouragement.  Flashkiki, yes I have gone through the program at the Dieu.  

I'm 2.5 hours away from my report time at the Humber River Hospital - I will get through! 

Finding_Feather
on 5/6/15 2:58 pm

it's normal to be nervous, but keep going. you're worth it :)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 481 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 443 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 394 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404