So McDonald's CEO will talk tomorrow...

cabin111
on 5/3/15 12:22 pm

About turning the company around.  I know for almost a year post RNY I didn't step into McDonald's.  Now I drink their coffee...It gets me in the door.  They are talking about revamping their menu...Getting more sales and people in the door.  Soooo...If you were the CEO of McDonald's, what would you put on the menu that is healthy and will bring you through the doors?  My thinking is soup (stew)...Something healthy with fresh or cooked vegetables.  They have one of the best distribution chains in the world...Just not good food for us in general (yeah, I know some is healthy).  So...Your thoughts??

selhard
on 5/3/15 12:45 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

First and only thought:  A McDouble burger is under $2.00 while a grilled chicken breast is over $5.00.  Getting people to choose healthy has a better chance with less price difference.  

SkinnyScientist
on 5/3/15 3:06 pm

Excellent point!

I once saw a documentary where it was pointed out that wheat/grains and meat are heavily subsidized here in the US (leading to cheap cereals/chips) while fresh vegetables are not.

I think the US could stand to make fresh veggies cheaper. It might help turn the boat around in terms with obesity in this country.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Grim_Traveller
on 5/3/15 1:14 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Fresh vegetables? At McDonald's? The best way to increase their profits is to sell whatever you've been smoking.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

cabin111
on 5/3/15 1:30 pm, edited 5/3/15 1:31 pm

They brought in salads...they didn't look appealing.  They added oatmeal...No one bought...Could make at home.  They added apple pieces to their Happy Meals, Grilled Chicken Wraps.  They have tried stuff, semi healthy...Nothing sticks.  They can't change the whole cooking area...They already added flavored hot/iced coffees.  The company's sales have dropped for like 5 out of the last 6 quarters.  Will this company be the Kmart of fast foods??  The leader one day, becomes the Radio Shack of the world the next day??  How do you turn it around??

Scarlette B.
on 5/3/15 3:00 pm - TX
RNY on 03/20/14

Hahahahahahahahan sorry not laughing at the original post or theme of the post,,, grim just slays me

hahahahahahah

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  

mornings
on 5/3/15 5:39 pm - Canada

protein shakes ,, also maybe even some  veggie finger foods   more types of salad and also more yogurts   loll

burghblonde
on 5/3/15 10:31 pm
RNY on 05/12/14

Was just there yesterday....for a coffee. I did notice that they do not have any salad choices now, I believe there were two only...strike one.

Their yogurt is full of sugar...strike 2.

And their specialty burgers keep getting larger...strike 3.

I'm just saying, when I need something quick I typically hit Wendy's for a small chili or Chick-fil-A for grilled nuggets or a salad. Panera has some great alternatives as well.

I think that McDonald's can do some revamping for better alternatives as well, but the question is...do they really want to? I feel like fans of McD's are more interested in the return of the McRib than healthier alternatives. Sad...but true.

Never Sell Out On Your Heart 

~ Heather~

Maria27
on 5/4/15 12:55 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

I quit eating McDonald's years ago, but their ads for their new grilled chicken are making me want to go there. That's all I really want from a fast food restaurant, good quality grilled chicken. Something that I can tell is an actual piece of chicken, not ground up chicken suck together. On a nice salad would be preferable, but I'll just get a sandwich and throw away the bun if that's not an option. I like the grilled chicken from Wendy's and Potbelly's, so I would love to add another restaurant to my list in case one of those are not close by and I need something to eat.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

Navychic
on 5/4/15 1:19 am
RNY on 02/09/15

Its interesting how McD's caters to their clientele.  If you go into an overseas McD's it is a completely different place, other than the name & golden arches.  They have cappuccino bars in Spain, rice dishes in Japan (and liquor in some) and salad bars, buffets, etc...  What does that say about us as Americans? Belows a link with some of the differences,

Unique McD's

I'm Jo   HW 245, SW 236, CW 151 Yeah (Normal BMI!!!!)

M1=213 (-23), M2=201 (-12), M3=186 (-15), M4=175(-11), M5=166(-9), M6=157(-9), M7=153(-4) 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 320 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 374 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 466 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 380 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 320 views