Help!

Ms-Misty
on 5/3/15 2:03 pm

I had the sleeve last September 2014.  I then developed a leak two weeks post op.  They tried to repair the leak but couldn't and ended up doing the rny November 2014.  I can't eat!  I am having a difficult time keeping anything down including very small sips of water.  I was just hospitalized 2 weeks ago again to have the gallbladder removed due to stones and my electrolytes were horrible.  I mix a protein powder in everything I try to eat but most of the time it doesn't stay down.  Mostly what I am able to tolerate in very small amounts (1/8 c) is chicken broth or tomato soup.  Has anyone else experienced this?  The surgeon keeps telling me it will take time.  How much time do I have before things just shut down?

Scarlette B.
on 5/3/15 2:58 pm - TX
RNY on 03/20/14

How much have you lost in the 5 months? How are your labs? 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  

Ms-Misty
on 5/4/15 11:01 am

I've lost about 150 lbs so far.  When I was last hospitalized 2 weeks ago, my labs were all over the place, K+, Na. Ca all low.  They corrected everything at the time thanks to my cardiologist stopping by for a hug at the same time the nurse was checking on me due to HR of 152 and BP 92/42.  I am a RN but I have been out of the hospital environment for many years.  This is a whole new world for me and I feel quite isolated.

nicupnorth
on 5/4/15 8:55 am - Eagle river, WI

Sounds like a stricure to me, I had similar symptoms and that is what happened with me.

Ms-Misty
on 5/4/15 11:03 am

Thanks.  I've had things stretched twice so far.  Maybe it is time again.

hollykim
on 5/4/15 9:24 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 3, 2015 at 9:03 PM Pacific Time, Ms-Misty wrote:

I had the sleeve last September 2014.  I then developed a leak two weeks post op.  They tried to repair the leak but couldn't and ended up doing the rny November 2014.  I can't eat!  I am having a difficult time keeping anything down including very small sips of water.  I was just hospitalized 2 weeks ago again to have the gallbladder removed due to stones and my electrolytes were horrible.  I mix a protein powder in everything I try to eat but most of the time it doesn't stay down.  Mostly what I am able to tolerate in very small amounts (1/8 c) is chicken broth or tomato soup.  Has anyone else experienced this?  The surgeon keeps telling me it will take time.  How much time do I have before things just shut down?

you. Have a while to go before things " just shut down" your body is metabolizing your stored fat for fuel,which is what leads to weight loss. Keep drinking all you can.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/4/15 4:28 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I think she posted that she's list 150 lbs in 5 months ... That seems pretty extreme...

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

hollykim
on 5/6/15 9:29 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

oh I didn't see where she posted that

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 327 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views