I did it Yay!!!!!

jackieboy331
on 5/4/15 5:43 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

I had my surgery yesterday as planned. Everything thank g-d went well. It was scary at first but, I got through it. The pain so far is not that bad just soreness. The worst part is that I can't drink even ice chips, and my mouth is so dry & bitter. Also, the catheter ich. My only concern is that my oxynization levels are not up to par. The nurse said not to worry you just had major surgery it will take some time. Has anyone else had this issue? Please help and let me know. So, so far so good can't wait to get started with my new life. Thanks all for yor encouragement and help. 

christinerocks
on 5/4/15 8:27 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Congratulations!  Welcome to the losers bench!  

Ugh the dryness is the worst. Once you have your swallow test you will be able to drink.  If you have any Chapstick, put it on - it helps!  Will they let you swish any water around your mouth and spit it out?  Doubtful, but you can ask! 

For the oxygen levels, yes mine were low at first. Use your spirometer (the breathing tube thing) and practice deep breathing every hour that you're awake. Get up and walk when you are cleared to do so.  Both will help.  If the nurses aren't worried about your oxygen levels then don't worry either.  They had me on oxygen for the first few days, to help me get the levels up, but it resolved. 

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

EP1958
on 5/4/15 9:20 pm

The nurses should be able to provide you with a special swab for your mouth, ask for it.  As far as the oxygen levels, try to breath deeply and do you breathing exercises.  I had my RNY in September and both knees replaced before the end of last year, so I am well versed in the effects of surgery.

Hang in there, it gets better.

shilo357
on 5/5/15 5:01 am

Congrats will be having mines on the 11th

mschwab
on 5/5/15 5:53 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Congratulations on your surgery.  Yes, it is normal to have compromised O2 saturation levels after surgery.  The first night mine kept dropping when I went to sleep.  They put me on oxygen that night, and I was fine the second night.  I also used my spirometer a lot.  Day 1 I also could not have water or ice chips, but they gave me swabs that I could dunk in a cup of water and wet my mouth with.  Heavenly!  Ask the nurses for them.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 408 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 276 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 298 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views
Recent Topics