3 weeks out

momx3
on 5/5/15 1:40 am

is it just me??? I have some good days and some bad days! Normal??? The shakes are really making me sick! Literally have to go lie down to get threw it! Hate them but right now biggest source of protein yuck!worst part...just wondering if anybody else has this good day bad day syndrome I'm feeling. I'm driving. Finally taking my son to and from school. Cooked for family other day even though small makes me sick. But then I'm exhausted and have to lie down! A lot of things exhaust me. Normal? And one last question when do most of you start real food. I've done mush ok want to try food but scared. Had a hard time with a mushy lentil soup so afraid to try:(

help please. Am I normal? Or what???

Jessca
on 5/5/15 1:51 am, edited 5/5/15 1:52 am
RNY on 04/20/15

I had my surgery 4/20. I think everyone is different. I haven't had any problems at all. I was driving after 4 days, also resumed cooking for my family then. Haven't been nauseous, have no aversions to smells or anything. And I have almost as much energy as I did before I just tend to feel lightheaded here and there. The shakes go down fine, albeit slow. If I do drink more than a couple ounces at a time it doesn't feel good but I don't have to sip it either. I am following my doctors diet that was full liquids for the first 2 weeks and now I'm just beginning two weeks of purees. I tried pureed tuna and refried beans with success. After this its two weeks of soft foods before I can try regular foods at the 6 week mark. I would stick to the diet your surgeon/program provided but not progress if you're still having trouble with the current diet. Like if you had problems with lentils then I wouldn't try to eat anything more solid than that. Just try a different mushy food and find what works. Contact your nutritionist if you're really stumped. Also you might want to try a different protein drink if the one you're having makes you feel bad. There may be one that doesn't do that. Good luck!!

HW 313 SW 273 CW 208

M1 - 25 M2 - 10 M3 - 12 M4 - 9 M5 - 5 M6 - 4

Corrie33
on 5/5/15 7:21 am, edited 5/5/15 7:22 am
RNY on 02/09/15

I complained to my doc of exhaustion at the 3 week point and he said it was perfectly normal, and to expect that for at least 6 weeks.  I'm now at 12 weeks, and still tire easily.  But it's getting better.  It's weird... I can walk at a moderate pace for over an hour, but just standing (like waiting in a line, or putting my make-up on)... I feel like passing out after 10 minutes.  I need to keep moving or I feel week.

I also asked my doc about the good day/bad day thing at my 2 month point.  I would be doing just fine with a yogurt for lunch every day, and then WHAM!... all the sudden I'm unable to keep it down at all.  My surgeon said it happens to everyone, but no one really knows exactly why.  The stomach is still a bit of a mystery for those of us who are still sensitive. 

I just tried melon for the second time - nope.  Still not yet.  1 ounce of watermelon at lunch sent me to the restroom in pain.

As for solid food, my doc gives me a few new food to try each time I see him.  Some work for me, some don't.  I'm trying roasted chicken for the first time tonight - wish me luck. 

GOAL REACHED! 170 lbs lost...

RNY: 2/9/15 (age 52), Ht-5'9" HW=304, SW=292, GW=155, LW=134, CW=147

Mo.1 -29lbs Mo.2 -18lbs Mo.3 -13lbs Mo.4 -11lbs Mo.5 - 14lbs Mo.6 - 10lbs Mo. 7 -11lbs Mo. 8 -9.4lbs

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 481 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 443 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 394 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404