What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 5/18/15 5:06 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning!  Who had some glorious weather this weekend?  Man, I love days like yesterday; all sunny and warm but not yet the oppressive humidity of summer.  Where can I go to get that kind of weather all the time?

So, the attic scuttle is officially installed and my husband has lived to tell the tale.  Honestly, I think we both made a promise to ourselves to be kind to the other person, because we got it done with very little sniping.  I call that a victory!  LOL  Also?  As of yesterday's weigh-in, I am officially "overweight".     I typically count only the whole numbers on the scale, but 179.8 means 29.9 BMI.  Good stuff right there.

Kristen's Random Question of the Day!  What was the name of your high school mascot?  The radio show I listen to in the AM will ask this question of their guests and I think it's pretty interesting.  I went to Pine Bush High School, so we were the Bushmen.  LMAO  With almost 27 years of perspective on that one, it's super weird.  I kind of wish we were like the Raiders or the Fighting Something, you know?  So, what was your high school mascot?

Time since surgery:  10 months out as of yesterday

B:  coffee and a Lean Cuisine breakfast sandwich

S:  1/2 a cookie dough Quest bar

L:  Buffalo chicken salad, Fiber Gourmet wheat thinables and a Cabot reduced fat cheddar snack stick

D:  eggs and toast, because I have officially given up.  LOL

TOTALS:  Cals:  848  Protein:  75  Carbs:  75  Fat:  39

NEXT!

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/15 6:28 am

Good morning. Had a good weekend. Didn't really do that much it just seemed to fly by. I have know idea what my high school mascot was. It has been thirty years this year that I have been out of high school. I have been on a egg salad and tuna salad kick lately I think because it is comfortable. I usually have both in the house.

B:Egg salad

L:Not sure I have a dental appointment

D:Salad with steak

S:Yogurt and maybe a cheese stick/quest bar?

Vitamins are in. Exercise is finishing up the yard it is really sticky here but I will take it over winter any day. 

Enjoy the day

christinerocks
on 5/17/15 11:54 pm, edited 5/18/15 1:26 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Good morning all!

It was a great weekend for me - the weather was awesome and best of all, my oldest stepchild graduated from college! it was touch and go for a while there, but she stayed the course and successfully graduated. One down, one to go!! :-) Also, between her graduation parties and my anniversary, I had three straight nights of restaurant eating - my first times eating outside my house since surgery.  I hosted parties, cut cakes, served food and drinks, without a wobble.  WHEW.  I planned ahead, made good choices, and enjoyed every party/event.  As of this morning's weigh in, I dropped more poundage... and, drumroll... I am no longer morbidly obese - I am simply obese.  Never thought I would be happy to say that, but I am so happy to drop that morbid modifier! YAY ME!!!

But before I continue, YAY AV!!!! I am so so happy for you! You are such an inspiration.  Keep up all the great work!  

ETA:  my high school mascot was a Tanner! As in, leather tanning! It was a big industry in my town and unfortunately also lead to some cancer clusters and toxic waste dumps that remain to this day.  But in any event - the town still uses a big Bull as the animal image of the Tanner.  

OK, so - plan for today:

B - Premier Shake

S - Mini babybel light

L - Roasted Garlic and Basil chicken Meatballs (Sabatinos - yummy!)

S - cheese/chive crisps (made with reduced fat 2% cheddar) 

D - 2oz Turkey slider, sauteed onions

W/V - underway; I had a terrible weekend with both vitamin and water so I am back on track today!!!

E - 35 minute interval training w/Leslie Sansone, complete!

Totals today:  71 g protein, 24 g carbs, 26 g fat, 593 calories

Have a great day everyone!! Happy to be back!!

Christine

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/15 7:02 am

Congratulations on the graduation and Happy Anniversary. You did very well and should be proud. 

AngryViking
on 5/18/15 7:08 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Yay for your BMI victory!!

melissasue1982
on 5/18/15 7:08 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Congrats on the "just" obese classification!

I just checked my BMI, I was curious, I also JUST made it out of the morbidly obese classification!!!  YAY

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

christinerocks
on 5/18/15 8:25 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

YEAH!!!!! Go you!!!! You deserve it!

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

melissasue1982
on 5/18/15 7:00 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Good morning!  So my surgeons office FINALLY figure out what the hell was making me throw up all my food and water!!  This nasty cold!  The post nasal drip was filling my pouch so much nothing else could get in!!!! SOOOO FRIGGIN NASTY!!!!  So I started taking a decongestant and BAM I could eat and drink again!  I never even made the connection that the puking and the cold started at the same same!!  DUH MELISSA

My high school mascot was the Bears!  We had 2 costumes people could wear, one a blue bear and one a white bear (our school colors!)

6 weeks since surgery

B: Premier protein chocolate

L: 1/2 cup Fat Free refried beans, 1/4 cup RF cheddar cheese

S: Dannon L&F greek toasted coconut yogurt

D: Turkey kilbasa, I will try for 2 oz

Totals: Cals: 510  Protein: 65  Carbs: 34  Fat: 14

AngryViking
on 5/18/15 7:07 am
RNY on 07/17/14

See, now that's a good mascot!  And so glad you finally figured out what was wrong and it's not serious!

melissasue1982
on 5/18/15 7:09 am
RNY on 04/06/15

We once played a school called the St. J HILL TOPPERS!  What the ever loving heck is that?? LOL

Yeah I am SO happy and relieved I don't have a stricture of something worse going on!  Stupid spring cold!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 494 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 347 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 398 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 105 views
Recent Topics