Very upset

sharronosia
on 5/18/15 9:25 am

I just have to get this off my chest. Firstly I had no idea this site was so judgmental. I just feel if someone post questions about food or anything else one should not include their personal feelings about anything. I am only 8 weeks out and is search of healthy foods so from here on out I will know and understand the difference. I'm extremely dissatisfied at this point.  

Racewalker48
on 5/18/15 9:29 am
RNY on 02/17/14

Do you have a nutritionist that can give you additional guidance for eating in the long term?  I am only 15 months out, so don't feel qualified to give you any advice on what to eat.  I can only give you information on what my plan is.

auntmimi
on 5/18/15 9:35 am

In the beginning I had SO many food fears and such a short list of what was approved. I googled everything!! I used my fitness pal on my phone to help me keep track of nutrition and calories.  It really helped me a lot. My insurance only paid for 1 pre-op visit with a NUT so I really just tried to stick to what my surgeon had suggested until I knew I could handle more. Boring, HECK YES! By the time I could incorporate different foods in I was so tired of the same ole things. We are all learning along the way, please don't become discouraged by others comments. 

sharronosia
on 5/18/15 9:41 am

Auntmimi,

Thank you so much for your support. My insurance also only pay for 1 NUT visit. I have been taking the advice of my surgeon. I think I'm doing ok.  I just want more choices.  I know I will be ok. Again, thank you for the support.

selhard
on 5/18/15 2:40 am, edited 5/18/15 2:59 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Please see my well-intended reply in your former post.  In addition:  I think it's easy for readers to think "oh oh, red flag" when newly post-opers, like you, ask about fast food options--especially those of us, like me, who are pretty sure fast food helped get us to size 4X.  

ShannonMichelle
on 5/18/15 9:42 am - Canada

Sorry you feel this way. I find this site extremely helpful but to be honest if I have questions about food to eat I will call my dietician. Follow your surgeons plan. Remember everyone has different plans. Good luck :) 

Surgery Feb 6th 2015  

brandycain
on 5/18/15 10:04 am

Hang in there,  there are a few nice and well intended people here.  I spent a good week crying from people from this site.  I remember thinking to myself that, I hoped weight loss didn't make me so mean and judgmental.  I left for awhile.  I know how you feel.  You are looking for support in the time you need it the most.  I'm not too far out from my surgery, but feel free to message me anytime.  You aren't alone in this.  We are human and will make mistakes.  Its a very big learning proces.   Hang in there.  You can do this.  

-Brandy- 

Surgery April 7th 2015.

NYMom222
on 5/18/15 10:11 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I did not see your other posts, but realize as someone else said, there are many plans out there from different doctors... and most people feel very strongly about the one they use. I think most people are trying to be helpful... Consider what people say, take what you think is worth trying, and leave the rest...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/15 3:13 am, edited 5/18/15 3:17 am

I hope what I had wrote on your last post about Taco Bell didn't offend. I was just telling the truth. This site will give you a lot of good information. I have learned so much from it. The vets are here to help.

The only reason I posted a personal comment about food is I didn't get obese from eating healthy foods. 

Sorry you feel this way.

sharronosia
on 5/18/15 10:23 am

Thank you for the concern 3Bassethounds,

It was not your comment. I have been reading and following your post and I tend to agree with a lot of the things you suggest.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 494 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 352 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 398 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 105 views
Recent Topics