Had Final weigh in for 6 month supervised diet!

gracie88
on 5/21/15 8:00 am
RNY on 08/26/15

I'm down 18 pounds, next step is appointment with the Surgeon, which I couldn't schedule until June 22nd (he's on vacation).  All other requirements have been completed.  They will submit to insurance after my meeting with him and schedule surgery.  Surgery will be mostly likely some time in July but I'm nervous because I have vacation scheduled with my family starting August 6, whi*****ludes 2 days at Disney.  Do you think I should wait to schedule surgery until after vacation?  I was hoping for a June surgery date but with his vacation schedule, that just is not going to happen.

Seminar Sept 2014 - 221

First 6 month weigh in - November 2013 - 220

Surgery Day 8/26/15 - 199

Current Weight (9/1/16) 128.0  RNY  5' 2"

AmyDee123
on 5/21/15 8:43 am - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

I would not go on the vacation if I am a week out of the hospital, just because there is still healing going on, however, if you are more than a week out of the hospital then go for it!!  They have wheelchairs and scooters at Disney so you do not over exert yourself, and you can pack what you need to eat easily in the early stages.  lots of protein shakes!!  If the surgery time will schedule you too close than enjoy the vacation with the family and schedule the surgery for after the vacation.  Don't stress yourself over it, we stress ourselves too much as it is.  And congratz on finishing the program!!

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

gracie88
on 5/21/15 12:45 pm
RNY on 08/26/15

Thanks!  That is kind of what I was thinking.  If it's three weeks before we leave I should be fine.  We have a fridge in the room and I can pack the food/protein shakes, or whatever I need.  I'm going to just see what happens and go from there.... so excited to be that much closer to a surgery date. 

annieliv
on 5/21/15 4:14 pm - Toronto, Canada

You need time to heal and to get your body regulated.  I wouldn't want to spend all my Disney vacation time scoping out where all the washrooms are  

Take care.

HW: 345 SW: 315 GW: 180 RNY 21/Apr/15

Loveandlafs
on 5/21/15 5:25 pm

I had surgery  4/1 and went to Disney World 4/26-5/2.  I did fine.  Took a softsided cooler with protein drinks, and stage appropriate food.  I did fine energy wise with walking the park.  I will say that I opted not to ride a couple of rides like Space Mountain since I had JUST had surgery and was still healing.  There were warnings stating "Not recommended if you have recently had surgery."  I heeded those warnings.  Also We did Universal Studios, I really limited the rides there!  We did a park one day, rest a day, park a day, rest a day.  It's doable!  Listen to your body, don't push yourself and relax and enjoy your vacation!!

Pokemom
on 5/21/15 10:00 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

That is so awesome about you finishing the 6-mos supervised diet.  So proud of you.  And losing 18 pounds.  Yippee!

Have you been to Disneyland before?  I assume yes?  I love Disneyland, but it can be emotionally and physically draining, depending on how you approach it.  And also depending on the ages of other family members.  In August, it will probably be hot and crowded.

I think that if you are a whole month after your surgery, you will probably be fine, but you might not be.  Just be aware:  I was soooooo light-headed for a couple of months, and fatigued so easily. I think it is that way for many people post-WLS.  At that stage, I would have enjoyed the park-like aspects of Disneyland, but not the rides.  On the other hand, after losing some weight, it helped me get around better, and improved me emotional state. That could affect your fun too.

I would definitely not go in the first few weeks.  Really, you need to heal, and a Disney vacation can be a lot of work if you are a parent.  (I don't know that you are, but just in case.)

IMO, safest would be to have surgery after.

cspotrun
on 5/22/15 1:50 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

I really felt like absolute crap for 6 weeks.  It wasn't an issue with pain, just nausea, fatigue, lack of energy, and lightheadedness.  I was very anemic.  I think maybe I'm in the minority but it does happen.  I did go on a beach vacation at 5 weeks, and that was fine because it's so laid back.  I was back to my desk job at 3 weeks and I had to lie on my couch each afternoon for a half hour because I was so tired.  I'm sure whatever you decide you can make work.  Us women are good at improvising!  Best of luck to you.

Karen   

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 770 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 368 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 500 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 110 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 276 views