Lady Time Cause a Stall?

onlysunnydaysahead
on 5/25/15 9:34 am
RNY on 05/12/15

I had my lady time 2 weeks prior to surgery, Now am starting to have my lady time again. I am two weeks out tmrw. I exercise 30 min a day walking or stationary bike. Tension band. I have been stalled for a week. My surgeon put me on soft foods at 1 week out. I stalled right after I started. I know a lot of people are on liquids longer. Am I stalled just because? Or because of soft food? Or Not enough Protein? (I get in 1 premier protein per day plus 2-3 two ounce meals and 30-48oz water) Or bloating from lady time? Opinions please? 

~Only Sunny Days Ahead~

Missmandy24
on 5/25/15 9:40 am

I noticed a stall last week (week 3.5 to 4.5). And I am now at week 5 today and on day three of my wretched visitor. I thought maybe PMS had something to do with it looking back because yesterday the scale finally dropped three lbs! But around three weeks I was also starting to tolerate more pureed food and so maybe that contributed. I also ready around three weeks your body freaks out and takes a minuite to adjust. So it could be any number of things but my guess is our lady time doesn't help matters lol! Good luck!

onlysunnydaysahead
on 5/25/15 10:03 am
RNY on 05/12/15

You are still on pureed? That kinda scares me. Maybe I was put on soft food too soon and maybe that is my problem. 

Missmandy24
on 5/25/15 10:22 am

I am on soft foods now. But pureed was week 3/4

hl1524
on 5/25/15 11:27 am - Austin, TX

Try to get more fluids in. Eventually you will want to be at 64+oz of fluids. 

RNY 8/27/2014

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/25/15 11:35 am
RNY on 12/31/13

GO to search and type "3 week stall"

You will have pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages...

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

onlysunnydaysahead
on 5/25/15 12:33 pm
RNY on 05/12/15

I mentioned that in my initial question. I know what a 3 week stall is. I stalled during week 2. I am barely 2 weeks out as of tmrw. Thank you tho. 

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/25/15 12:37 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

2 weeks/3 weeks -- it's the time for a "stall" -- honestly.  It's quite common.  You are doing fine -- 

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

rocky513
on 5/25/15 11:43 am - WI

You need to strive for at least 60 grams of protein daily.  Some of us need even more based on our labs.  One protein shake per day is not enough and you can't possibly be getting enough from eating only 2-3 two ounce meals per day.  You won't become deficient in protein quickly, but if you don't get your numbers up you will lose more muscle mass as you lose weight. Not getting enough protein and water will slow your weight loss.

Water is to be 64 ounces MINIMUM!  You are NOT DRINKING ENOUGH.  You could easily end up back in the hospital with dehydration.  You are only a few weeks out from surgery.  Staying hydrated is your number one priority.  You can work up to the protein numbers over time, bu****er is necessary. 

Stalls happen.  You will not lose weight everyday, or even every week.  We lose in a stair-step fashion.  We lose a few pounds, then stay the same for awhile, then we lose some more.  It's normal to stall.  Your body is catching up with the changes. If the number on the scale stresses you out, stay off.  Take your measurements instead.  Sometimes the scale stays the same as we are losing inches.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

onlysunnydaysahead
on 5/25/15 5:37 am, edited 5/25/15 5:39 am
RNY on 05/12/15

Thank you. I will try and increase water and get another shake in. I am never really hungry. I have head hunger. I have gotten good at ignoring it. But I think you may be right about the protein and water. Thank you. I know that is common sense. I was told 48 for now is ok on water intake. I was feeling like I needed more. I appreciate your feedback a lot. I will be 2 weeks out as of tmrw. I also do not feel like I am losing enough. A lot of people in my class lost more in their first week. I count my pre surgery fast to make 13lbs. But since surgery I have only lost 7.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics