transition to solids and bathroom issues

Semaenlightened
on 5/23/15 6:54 pm
RNY on 03/25/15

Sorry if this is TMI but I just want to check and see if other people have experienced anything similar. I am 8 weeks out and transitioned from soft/mushy/blended foods yesterday to solids.  I have been in the bathroom today more than I think I may have been since I had the surgery.  Constipation was my consistent issue but not anymore I tell ya, it is loose or watery and pretty immediate.  I have stayed in the house since early afternoon because I am afraid I might not make it to a bathroom in time.  

Semaenlightened
on 5/23/15 6:57 pm
RNY on 03/25/15

Oh...and I have been feeling a little sick today, a bit of a cold with some wheezing so I took some liquid mucinex.

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 5/24/15 11:11 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

It could just be that your body is adjusting, but I found that I have to be careful with the protein bars and some 'diet foods'- some have a high sugar alcohol (sorbitol and its relatives) content which has a similar affect as you describe on me. 

Sharon

Sheri R.
on 5/24/15 11:14 pm - Aberdeen, WA

Not TMI for me!  I have been so constipated since surgery (6.5 weeks ago) that I take Miralax every day now.  I thought I would be on LESS medication, lol!  I am afraid it will get worse once I am on all solids but I am beginning to think this is the new normal.  I am sorry you went so far the other direction.  Maybe it's a bug?  I hope you get some relief soon.  Remember to up your fluid intake a lot while this is going on. 

Semaenlightened
on 5/25/15 8:29 am
RNY on 03/25/15

I was sooooooo constipated until this started happening!  

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics