Officially on the liquid diet!

pghgirl
on 5/26/15 9:27 pm

Hey all. I start my liquid diet from here on out. I'll be on it for 5 days then surgery on Monday!!! I'm so excited, this is the moment I've waited for since Jan. 2014! I'm FINALLY just one step away from surgery. I literally just want to cry though, this has been such a long fight for me and i just can't believe it's happening. I have chicken and turkey broth, sugar free jello and popsicles, gatorade, water and apple juice. Any tips to flavor the broths or any tips to get through this without cheating? Very excited for this next chapter in life. :) Here's to a new life and opportunities!

HW:325, SW:281, CW:250

italianspice
on 5/27/15 4:21 am - Eastlake, OH

Congrats! You are lucky, I had to do a 2 week liquid diet. I remember chewing gum, especially really minty gum when I wanted to eat something or I would brush my teeth.

Good luck! You sound prepared, you got this.

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

pghgirl
on 5/27/15 3:58 pm

Thank you! I couldn't imagine doing this for two weeks lol. I'm grateful it's only for 5 days. :)

catwoman7
on 5/27/15 9:09 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I'm halfway through my two-week liquid diet.  The first three or four days were challenging, but it's been pretty easy since then.  In fact, I had to remind myself to get my last shake in last night!

I've added water to my shakes (8 oz milk, 8 oz water - but same amount of protein powder) to make them seem more substantial (plus I can chalk up another cup of water to boot!).  That broth is going to taste good after all those shakes!  It's the highlight of my day....

pghgirl
on 5/27/15 3:57 pm

Definitely! The first day has been a little tough but not super bad. I'm just staying focused on the reward of this surgery. & That's cool you were allowed protein shakes, I'm not allowed to start those until one week after surgery. :)

catwoman7
on 5/27/15 4:20 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

oh - I didn't notice at first that you weren't allowed protein shakes.  That would be tough.  I only have to do clear liquids for one day (the day before surgery)

Ariann555
on 5/27/15 11:09 am
RNY on 06/12/15

Congrats!! I start my liquid diet on Friday for two weeks, I know the first fews days will be hard but its worth it! GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

pghgirl
on 5/27/15 3:54 pm

Thank you! Congratulations to you, too! This first day has been challenging and hard but you're right, definitely worth it. I'm staying on bypass pages for support and tips and staying focused on the reward of this surgery. Good luck to you! :)

Corrie33
on 5/27/15 11:25 am
RNY on 02/09/15

That's exciting!  I remember it took me about a year and a half to get my surgery, too.  But luckily I only had to do ONE DAY of liquid diet the day before surgery.  I don't know if I could do a whole week, let alone TWO weeks of liquids.  Doesn't that completely deplete your energy level?  How do you get through a day at work?

I did, however, have to take 24 weeks of classes, which seemed to take FOREVER to complete.  Did you have to do classes, too?

GOAL REACHED! 170 lbs lost...

RNY: 2/9/15 (age 52), Ht-5'9" HW=304, SW=292, GW=155, LW=134, CW=147

Mo.1 -29lbs Mo.2 -18lbs Mo.3 -13lbs Mo.4 -11lbs Mo.5 - 14lbs Mo.6 - 10lbs Mo. 7 -11lbs Mo. 8 -9.4lbs

pghgirl
on 5/27/15 3:52 pm

Thank you! I wish I had only one day lol. I have to do it 5 days pre op and 7 days post op. I definitely couldn't do this two weeks lol. & Yes, it does. I've felt sluggish all day today and now I have a headache but it's not entirely horrible...yet... lol.. & Yeah, I had to take 24 weeks of classes too but I really enjoyed those :)

HW:325, SW:281, CW:250

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 401 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?