What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 5/27/15 5:09 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good morning!  It's looking to be a hazy, hot and humid day here in CNY.  I think in the middle of February I may have said something like "the first person who says 'I'm hot' this summer gets a punch in the face".  Well, I think I need to punch myself because it's too damn hot.  LOL  Of course, in about an hour I'm going to need a sweater because they keep the setting on the thermostat here in my office at "arctic".

Kristen's Question of the Day!!  I read an article yesterday (Daily Mail!) about a woman who lost a bunch of weight so she could fulfill her dream of skydiving.  I was like "who the hell wants to do that?!"  It occurred to me that I do not have any desire to raise my adrenaline.  I don't want to drive a race car, I don't want to go rafting, I definitely don't want to bungee jump.  You get the picture.  So tell me, are you an adrenaline junkie?  What do you do to scratch that itch?  Make me understand.  LOL

Time since surgery:   10+ months

B:  coffee and a Fiber One lemon bar

S:  Click Mocha!

L:  Buffalo chicken salad with pork rinds and a Cabot reduced fat sharp cheddar snack stick.  I also have some baby carrots and Sabra tzatziki if I'm feeling snacky later in the afternoon.

D:  I'm throwing together a tuna/chick pea salad with some lemon juice and evoo; it sounds good in my head so I'm hoping it comes together. 

TOTALS:  Cals:  851  Protein:  77  Carbs:  63  Fat:  38

NEXT!

karenp8
on 5/27/15 5:32 am - Brighton, IL

Not an adrenaline junkie here either so I can't help you there Kristen! Who would want to jump out of a perfectly good plane?! Not me! A muggy day in Illinois too with a chance for rain. Lily and I will head to the park in just a minute to get our 3 miles done before it gets here. Also will do 2.5 miles on the treadmill and 25 minutes on the bike. Weight today 117.6. Post op 33 months tomorrow. Here's the food for today: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and 1/2 a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz chicken sausage with 1/2 c Brussels sprouts D 31/2 oz rib eye with 1/2 c sweet potatoes S Greek yogurt with nuts. Have a great day full of good choices everyone!

AngryViking
on 5/27/15 6:12 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Yes, why jump out of a perfectly good airplane?!  LOL

(deactivated member)
on 5/27/15 5:39 am

I said the same thing about if someone says it's hot I am going to punch them also. It is warm here and I am so happy. Not going to punch anyone I hope today. I am excited I am going to New York city for a writers conferences on Friday so I am hoping it is nice out. I have never been to the city by myself. I actually have only been to New York two times so I am a little nervous. 

B:Egg whites with sausage omelet

L:Chicken burger from costco

S:Hard boiled egg

D:Chicken taco salad

Water is in vitamins are going down. Exercise not sure. Not really feeling great. Major chest cold. 

Have a good day. 

AngryViking
on 5/27/15 6:10 am
RNY on 07/17/14

A writers conference in NYC sounds so exciting!

NYMom222
on 5/27/15 6:58 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Yay for NY! Have fun..hope you have some time to explore...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

christinerocks
on 5/27/15 7:15 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

I lived in Manhattan for 12 years, and worked there until very recently! You're going to have a great time. Too bad you missed Fleet Week last week - nothing like a man (or woman) in uniform. ;-)  Looks like there are a bunch of us who are familiar with NYC - just let us know if you have any questions!!!

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

karenp8
on 5/27/15 7:25 am - Brighton, IL

The conference sounds like so much fun! I have never been to New York City as I live a boiring life here in central Illinois. Have fun and enjoy yourself!

mamata2
on 5/27/15 5:55 am

I have bungee jumped, I absolutely LOVE fast cars (especially driving), I really want to sky dive someday.  Yes, I am that adrenaline junkie.  I love the runner's high after a long run.  I don't know what it is but I love that excitement and uncertainty.  

Time since surgery: 10.5 months

B: Steel oats and thin addictives

S: Coffee with creamer

L: turkey cheddar brat, string cheese, and low carb tortilla

S: Iced coffee

D: chicken thigh (we had tuna noodle casserole last night)

Post workout: EAS Carb Control Shake

W/V: Started

E: Bike

Have a great day all!

AngryViking
on 5/26/15 11:11 pm, edited 5/26/15 11:11 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

ACK, I think it's the uncertainty part that I don't like!  I don't like to feel out of control.

And I love those turkey cheddar brats.  I was eating those all weekend.  LOL

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 496 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 354 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 437 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 399 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 105 views