What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 5/28/15 5:08 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning!  I'm so bummed...up until like 5 minutes ago I thought it was Friday.  Maybe that's my subconscious telling me to take tomorrow off so today really would be my Friday.    Sounds plausible, right?  RIGHT?  LOLOL

Last night my son was watching the Lego Movie for probably the hundredth time this month.  No joke.  I actually don't mind the movie, because it's smarter than a lot of other crap he could be watching.  I decided to blow his mind and told him that Lord Business is Buddy the Elf.  The look on his face was priceless; like he thought it was sorcery or something.  So tell me;  is there a movie that you could watch over and over and never get sick of?  For me, it's got to be West Side Story and Jaws.  How's that for a double feature?  LMAO

Time since surgery:  10 1/2 months

B:  coffee and a Quest bar; white chocolate raspberry

S:  baby carrots and Sabra Greek yogurt tzatziki dip

L:  Buffalo chicken salad, pork rinds and a Cabot reduced fat sharp cheddar snack stick

D:  Some more of my super delicious tuna/chickpea salad that I made yesterday.  I found a little jar of marinated artichoke hearts in the pantry, so I added some of those and a little chopped onion...and I looked over all that I had made and behold; it was very good.  LOLOL 

TOTALS:  Cals:  874  Protein:  82  Carbs:  53  Fat:  45

Who's up next?

AnnyBananny
on 5/28/15 5:39 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

West Side Story and Jaws? Quite diverse tastes there  When I was a kid I watched The Labyrinth like 3 times a week. But now? Pretty Woman, Dirty Dancing, The Breakfast Club - if I'm ever flipping through channels and those on they're mus****ches. Oh and Mean Girls!

I'm also wishing it were Friday. What is it about short weeks that makes them feel so damned long?! Maybe it's that we're trying to fit five days worth of work into four? Who knows, but I don't like it!

Time since surgery: 1+ year

B: coffee with cream, a Chobani Yogurt tube*, DD Wake UP Wrap because I forgot my real breakfast on the counter  but it's a pretty decent choice at 180 calories and 9 grams of protein

S: deli ham, a package of Thin Addictives and a Laughing Cow Light wedge

L: Cottage Cheese Double, string cheese, granola thin

S: turkey sticks and a Babybel Light

D: TJ's chicken sausage with reduced sugar ketchup and steamed carrots

S: trek mix, pop corn, a froyo bar

TOTALS: Calories 1355, Protein 78, Carbs 126, Fat 64

V/W: started

E: gym trip already in

*So I'm obsessed with these Chobani Kids Yogurt Tubes, throw them in the freezer and they're AWESOME! They're 50 calories and 5 grams of protein. My favorite is the banana flavor, but there's also chocolate and strawberry.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AngryViking
on 5/28/15 6:07 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Yes to the Chobani tubes!  So good...

Emiepie
on 5/28/15 7:35 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Ahh, love pretty woman and dirty dancing too!! I need to try the chobani tubes!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

AnnyBananny
on 5/28/15 10:37 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

They're an awesome "treat," that's really a good choice and helps boast your protein a little. I looove them!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

mamata2
on 5/28/15 5:54 am

Good morning!  Great question AV, I can watch Willy Wonka (the old version), anything with Julia Stiles (I'm a sucker for a teenage drama) and the Hunger Games movies over and over.  My hubbie hates my taste in movies!  LOL.

I have been in training all week and it has made it super hard to eat well.  Who am I kidding, I have made poor choices.  Hello, my name is Nikki and I make poor eating choices.  My protein intake has been frightfully low and I have been eating pastries like they are sugar free and high in protein.  I know I'm idiot.  I just need to regain my will.  I am running at lunch so that helps right?  

B: DD Wake-up wrap and iced coffee

S: Unknown

L: Starbucks bistro box

S: Chocolate chip cookie dough Quest bar

D: Tonight is family fun night at school so I am unsure what will be available, but I'm guessing a brat no bun.

W/V: Started

E: Run at lunch

Have a great weekend all!

AngryViking
on 5/28/15 6:00 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Willy Wonka!  My son is actually watching that in school today because the class just finished reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  I'm a little surprised they're showing it to the 4th grade, because I find it a little unsettling, but maybe that's just me.  Before I left today I said, "I want to hear what you think about the boat ride.".  LMAO

melissasue1982
on 5/28/15 9:20 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I let my 4 year old watch it, doesn't bother him at all!

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

melissasue1982
on 5/28/15 5:56 am
RNY on 04/06/15

My daughter LOVES the Lego Movie, and you are correct, it isn't a horrible movie!  For myself I could watch Boondock Saints a trillion times and never get sick of it!!!!  FAVORITE MOVIE EVER!  Only problem is, I can'****ch it with the kids around....its not exactly a family friendly movie! HAHAH

7 weeks 3 days since surgery

B: Dannon L&F Toasted coconut Greek yogurt

L: Premier protein, chocolate

S: Light string cheese

D: 1.5 oz pork tenderloin

S: Light string cheese

Totals: Cals: 465  Protein: 71  Carbs: 16  Fat: 14

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

phibbmom
on 5/28/15 5:57 am

Good morning all!  I wi**** was Friday.  I am really ready for the weekend!

My absolute favorite all time movie (since you mention Buddy) is Elf.  My whole family is so sick of watching it.  I also love 50 First Dates and Wedding Crashers.  I am a little bit ashamed to admit it   I'll also admit to watching Jaws anytime I see that it's on.  I remember as a kid being afraid to go in the ocean after watching it, but insisting on seeing each lovely sequel.

Time since surgery: 7.5 mos

B:  1 scrambled egg, 1 applegate savory turkey sausage

L:  salmon quinoa salad

D:  3 meatballs, spinach

S:  Light & Fit Coconut

Vitamins: started

Water: started

Exercise:  Bodypump (this class is great) and elliptical 1/2 hour

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 490 views