Checking in at 5 years, kept my weight off...succumbing to the fact I need plastics

amymitches
on 5/28/15 5:24 pm - Beverly, MA

I Had my surgery 5 years ago.  I started out at 317 lbs and today I weigh 150, my lowest was 140 but that was for about five minutes a couple years ago.  I eat healthy 80% of the time and eat whatever the hell I want the rest of the time.  I weigh myself everyday as that is the only way I can keep myself in check.  I can eat...quite a bit, not what I used too but I can put away 3 peices of pizza and a cupcake when I want to. So reality check you need to make a majoy lifestyle change before you get to that point where eating returns to "normal" I know for some people it never does but for me it has.  I wasnt really prepared for the emotional journey this was going to be as even when I started this I never thought I would ever be thin.  When I got down to 140 lbs and was getting attention from men I really let myself get reckless...and stupid and got some counseling for awhile to deal with the self hatred I still felt and maybe will always feel.  I now am in a great relationship and am trying my best to love myself...then theres the skin..at first it didnt bother me so much in the last year few months I have become very hateful of my body I am not sure why but I feel like I really need a tummy tuck. I need a lot of stuff but I think that would really make me look and feel better,  my whole body is saggy but when I work at it I can really tighten up my biceps which in turn helps with sagging batwings, my boobs are saggy but whatever I can deal with that, my thighs are terrible but again I can deal with that.  My stomach is the bane of my existence I am so sick of needing compression garments and what spanx goes with what outfit and I cant wear in the summer cause I need my stomach sucked in. I have a consult for a tummy tuck in July and I will hopefully go through with it in the Fall.  I can finally afford it and I really really feel like I need to do this.  When the honeymoon is over and the attention is gone and your just normal which is what I always wanted and now I have but left with this deflated body it is very depressing I still need some therapy to deal with this anger and guilt I have about letting myself get so heavy and letting my body go to hell but I am also very proud of my weight loss and how hard I have worked to keep it off.  I know I will never be fat again and I know I am committed to being healthy so I feel like now is the time to lose some of this skin Ive been carrying anf hiding for so long.  Thanks for listening good luck all!

Kidda G.
on 5/28/15 8:48 pm

Thanks for sharing & continued good luck on your journey! 

christinerocks
on 5/29/15 3:52 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Congratulations for not only losing but maintaining that loss for 5 years! I wish you serenity and self love to go along with that healthy fabulous body you've worked so hard for, and good luck with your plastic surgery journey too! 

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

Laura in Texas
on 5/29/15 8:03 am

Except for the cost, plastics is the fun part. Mentally I finally feel at peace. 

Learn to forgive yourself. You cannot change the past.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

amymitches
on 5/29/15 8:15 am - Beverly, MA

Laura how long did it take you to recover...I am a nanny and trying to give my families a realistic amount of time i may need off

Han Shot First
on 5/29/15 9:47 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Congrats on that maintenance!

At my recent group session at my doctor's office, they told us that when (if) we get a tummy tuck, we should expect 3 weeks of recovery.  He said that it's much more painful than the bypass itself.  

--

150 lost and maintaining!

jenorama
on 5/29/15 12:02 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I hear you on the plastics.  After so many years, my upper arms and thighs are wrecked.  No tank tops or shorts for me until I get that situation sorted out.  My stomach area doesn't really bother me too much, but the floppy arms and thighs are really starting to bother me.  I hope your consult goes well and keep us posted!

Jen

White Dove
on 5/29/15 12:31 pm - Warren, OH

For me the tummy tuck was a necessary part of finishing up my journey.  There is a quote that I love, weight loss surgery gave me back my health, plastic surgery gave me back my self esteem.  Three weeks should be good for the time off.  My first week was tough, but after that I felt good.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 489 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 344 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 429 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 395 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 100 views