What's On Your (photo) Friday menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 5/29/15 5:24 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning and greetings from the playroom at the Viking Hus.  That's right, my friends, I am home from work today and it is glorious.  LOL  And because I'm home, I was able to scan and upload the only recent picture I have.  May I present to you photographic evidence of my existence:

Well, ****  That's really small, huh?  Whatevs, that's me and my lil family at the Bronx Zoo last month.  I look borderline insane because my son is trying to choke me.

So, I'm Mother Hubbard right now and one of the things on my lazy agenda is a trip to WalMart for some eats.  As a result my menu is "flexible", but here's what I got so far...

B:  coffee and a Click Mocha

L:  Tuna chick pea salad and Sesame parm cheese crisps

D:  Wegmans bacon cheddar burger

TOTALS:  Cals:  884  Protein:  81  Carbs:  44  Fat:  47

Have a great day peeps!

AnnyBananny
on 5/29/15 5:47 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

OMG! YOU ARE REAL! And you guys look adorable. Seriously!

Here's my Friday Photo. I snapped it this morning at the gym and I realize now I'm making a seriously funny face, giving myself some side eye LOL. But that's not the point! Sometimes I see a picture of myself and don't even know who I am, who is that skinny girl? Recently a friend (5+ year post RNY) told me she was looking at some of my old pictures on Facebook and how I looking at them now I looked SO big, but she never thought I was that big in real life. She mentioned people had the same reaction to her too. It was an interesting observation. Like I see pictures of my old self and think how I never FELT as big as I look in them - but do I just look REALLY big because I'm so much smaller now? Perception is such a weird thing!

I also picked a gym pic because I need your help! Starting Monday and I'm going to do a "Gym Streak," as in go to the gym every day for two weeks. I don't think exercising at the gym every single day is sustainable long term, but I want to get back into my exercise routine and I think this will kick start me. Now the help...I need a little incentive for myself at the end of the Streak, I'm a prize kind of gal - but I'm having a hard time thinking of a good incentive. Any ideas?

Time since surgery: 1+ year

B: Coffee with cream, Chobani tube and a breakfast sandwich

S: I have a meeting, there will be snacks...eeeek! 

L: Cottage cheese double, granola thin, string cheese

S: turkey sticks and a Babybel light

D: TJ's turkey meatballs with sauce and some cheese

S: pop corn, trek mix, a froyo bar

TOTALS: Calories 1250, Protein 79, Carbs 116, Fat 60

V/W: started

E: gym trip!

Have a great weekend, y'all!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

mamata2
on 5/29/15 6:10 am

You look fantastic!  Also, I love those leggings!

Rewards:  Pedicure, Massage (you may need it), new running shoes, new piece of furniture, redo your bathroom (I love new colors in the bathroom), buy a new kitchen gadget (food processor, ice cream maker, etc), or my standard NEW CLOTHES!

AnnyBananny
on 5/29/15 10:20 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I looove those workout pants too! They're Old Navy, which are my favorite work out pants because they have a little hidden pocket in the waistband and I can fit my phone in there to listen to music!

My problem is lately I've been on a spending spree and anything I want I seem to just buy....I need more restraint LOL

melissasue1982
on 5/28/15 11:18 pm, edited 5/28/15 11:18 pm
RNY on 04/06/15

Well my first thought was YARN!  But I may have a slight problem in that area ;) 

How about the pretty Tory Burch "skin" for your Fitbit?  So pretty! (holy ****those suckers are expensive..lol)

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Emiepie
on 5/29/15 7:19 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I NEED the silver Tory Burch band, saw it in person at a meeting earlier in the month...O-M-G!!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

melissasue1982
on 5/29/15 6:21 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Oh wait....I KNOW....if you do workout for 2 weeks straight I WILL MAIL YOU YARN!!!!!! 

AnnyBananny
on 5/29/15 9:26 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Hahaha, love it!

So I splurged and bought $90 worth of yarn to make myself a sweater. This is my first adult-sized sweater ever (I make socks and crazy intricate lace, but was always to scared to make something that actually had to FIT). It's top-down raglan construction so I finished the bodice, tried it on, and decided it was too big! So now I just ripped the whole thing out and am starting again...

Good thing I'm a process knitter!

melissasue1982
on 5/29/15 9:29 am
RNY on 04/06/15

OOOO Is that the awesome sweater (that I also have in my queue) you have in your Ravelry projects??  LOVE the pattern, and LOVE LOVE LOVE the yarn!  mmmm yummy

AnnyBananny
on 5/29/15 10:24 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

A) Love that you say YUM in regards to yarn, I totally do too.

B) Yes! It's the Tin Can Knits pattern I recently added to my ravelry. I'm in love with their patterns and I looooove this one too. They recommend 0-2" negative ease on the pattern and I tend to knit tightly so I went with the size that would be 0 ease, assuming I'd be a little tighter....well, even though I swatched, it turned out a little big and it's just to lovely a pattern and too expensive yarn to not love the fit! You know?

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?