Who puts protein powder in their coffee??

cabin111
on 5/29/15 3:48 pm

How much do you put in??

Triksy
on 5/29/15 4:05 pm
RNY on 05/20/15

Just a spoonful, I use it the same way I would that powdered non dairy creamer. I guess you could put in more for a stronger flavor, but I would add it slowly to make sure that it all mixes. It wouldnt be good to have gritty or lumpy coffee. 

HW- 380     SW-350     CW-358

TimeForMe61
on 5/29/15 9:30 am, edited 5/29/15 9:31 am - Lancaster, PA
RNY on 01/22/15

I do too except I put it in my non-fat Starbucks latte (tall).  I have the unjury vanilla and so it tastes even better than a Skinny Vanilla latte but with an extra boost of protein.  I'll actually use half a scoop and this is my favorite breakfast.  I was doing this pre-op too. Love it!!

One note, make sure that your coffee isn't too hot because it can break down the protein powder and you lose the benefit.  I let it cool to a little warmer than room temperature, then add the protein powder.  Yummmm!!!

emelar
on 5/29/15 4:41 pm - TX

When I made protein coffee, I used a serving size, usually a scoop.  You dissolve the powder in cold/cool water, then pour the coffee in and stir vigorously.  If you try to mix it in the hot coffee, it'll clump.

Cookie1257
on 5/29/15 8:30 pm - Chester, NY

I actually pour 1/2 bottled shake in my coffee. I like my ciffe lite.  Sometimes it cools the coffee down too much. I then microwave it fir 30 seconds.  I wonder is that a bad thing.

Cookie1257
on 5/29/15 8:31 pm - Chester, NY

I actually pour 1/2 bottled shake in my coffee. I like my ciffe lite.  Sometimes it cools the coffee down too much. I then microwave it fir 30 seconds.  I wonder is that a bad thing.

MickeyDee
on 5/29/15 10:08 pm

I gave up putting protein in my coffee due to clumping.  I just use a scoop (like the one found in the protein powder container) and NF dried milk;  8 grams of protein and no clumping.

I don't drink more than one or maybe two if I'm traveling, but I do like cream (ish) in my coffee.

selhard
on 5/30/15 3:06 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Never thought of putting protein powder in coffee so thanks for the new idea to try.  Although, thinking it will be like when someone suggested how good butter is in coffee.  NOT.

helionoftroy
on 5/30/15 5:27 am - Lexington, SC
RNY on 03/23/15

I put coffee in my protein shake. I use instant coffee and add it to my morning shake. Drinking one right now and it's yummy!! When I want a hot cup of protein coffee I mix the powder with a small amount of milk and add that to my cup. I guess if you don't want the milk you can use unflavored powder with water. 

(deactivated member)
on 6/4/15 1:55 pm
VSG on 07/13/15

Now instant coffee sounds like a good idea! What's the best brand?

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 523 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 263 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics