Hernia/Cellulitis/Rant/UGH!

Capogirl
on 5/30/15 5:18 pm

So I had my RNY on 4/20, I have an umbilical hernia.  The surgeon was not going to do anything with it, suggested I have it taken care of at another time.  However; she had to shave a portion of it during surgery (I know she explained why, I just don't remember)m she told me it would get black and blue and I shouldn't have to worry about it.  So about a week later it began turning more red that black and blue and started to hurt a bit.  At my two week appointment with the PA she told me it had become a hematoma and I would need to put a heating pad on it to break it up.

Well, that didn't help and actually it hurt and made things worse.   She called the following week to follow up and I told her things were worse.  I saw the attending the next day, who said the hernia would probably have to come out and she would confirm with the surgeon.  So I was all set for surgery on Tuesday, June 2nd.  

I saw my primary care yesterday, she told me it looks like I have  cellulitis and put me on bactrim.  Now I can't have surgery until this is totally cleared up. 

While I am glad that I had the surgery and thankful that I have lost 25 lbs.  I am frustrated and aggravated and just want to get on with things.  I want to be able to sleep on my side again, I'd like to do a little more exercise than just walking. 

Has anyone else ever had something like this?

Ladytazz
on 5/31/15 9:49 pm

I haven't had that experience but I just wanted to give you some encouragement to hang in there.  It sounds like you have had a bit of a rough start but hopefully things will get better and you can have the hernia taken care of.

I had an incisional hernia after my surgery and than a few months after the repair it came back :(  Frustrating but fortunately it was taken care of and hasn't been a problem since.

Now I have a different surgery coming up.  It's always something, lol.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 503 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 405 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 417 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 100 views
Forum Search Error & 404