NUTS are Nuts

helionoftroy
on 6/2/15 7:11 pm - Lexington, SC
RNY on 03/23/15

Went to my first WLS support group today at my surgeons office. I can say that I was totally Underwhelmed. It was very similar to the classes I went to before surgery, with the same kind of handouts. The nutritionist had a strawberry jello dessert type of thing that everyone tried and the recipe was available for those who wanted it. I didn't care for it and ended up throwing it away. I talked to her afterwards and she told me that the dessert was a fail but she presented it anyway. Why? What's the point of introducing a low fat, low sugar, no protein food knowing it wasn't good. 

On a brighter note, I met a very nice lady and we talked for a while about our weight loss journey.     

siberiancat
on 6/3/15 7:47 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

How fortunate you are to have a support group - so many post surgery patients post that they don't have one available.  Also, wonderful to have a nutritionist who made the dessert - fail or not - she put in the effort for the group with good intentions.

I'd say you have a winner!  Continue going.  It was valuable to me for 2 years after my RNY and no one ever went to the effort to prepare a dessert for us.

Best wishes,

Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

mute
on 6/3/15 7:48 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Lol, the NUT at the one I went to was similar, not really someone I'd want to listen to for advice. But I'm glad I went because of the people at the group too. 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics