What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 6/2/15 5:25 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good morning folks!  Here's a funny:  I work for a hospital and this morning I got a notification that I needed to complete a mandatory "sensitivity training" course that was overdue or something.  So I open it and it's all about obesity bias and treating the bariatric patient with compassion and respect.  I was all, "Oh, you know I'm sensitive to the needs of the obese".  LOL  Still, it was nice to see it out there and know that everyone is required to read it.  I also have my annual employee health assessment this morning and one of the questions is "have you had a significant weight loss/gain in the last year".  I checked the 'yes' box, but I want to cross that off and write 'hell, yeah!' instead.  LOL 

Time since surgery:  10 1/2 months

B:  coffee then a Yoplait Greek apple pie yogurt and a Fiber One cinnamon coffee cake bar

S:  P3 pack...I forget which one but it's got cashews in it

L:  ham/cream cheese/pickle rollups and a cheese stick

D:  Buffalo chicken salad and pork rinds.  Maybe.  I'll see how I feel later...

TOTALS:  Cals:  886  Protein:  74  Carbs:  52  Fat:  41

Have a great day, my friends!

Dcgirl
on 6/2/15 6:15 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Kristin!

That's great that they are teaching sensitivity classes.  It's actually great that you have training - a recent study found that 80% of people have not had on the job training in the last five years!  

I am dutifully planning my menu today because I have a lot of protein in the fridge/freezer to use up, and I am going for my final post-op appointment with my plastic surgeon for "after" pics from my LBL and BL.  The office asked if I wanted to be featured on TLC, who apparently reached out looking for candidates for some show they are doing.  I said, thanks but NO thanks!  I have no desire to be on tv!

B: Coffee with half and half, light and fit greek yogurt with high protein granola

S: Pistacchios.  I should never buy these again.  Shelling them is addictive.

L: Chicken tenders (I will be in the office and we get free lunch)

D: Turkey meatloaf made with grilled onions, ketchup, mustard, bread crumbs, shredded cheese

S: ?

E: I did a 3 mile walk this morning and may walk home 2 miles from work tonight, depends on the rain

I hope to keep calories around 1,500 which is easier to do when I don't do a hard workout, so this should be my total today.  I am on track with fluids and vitamins too!

Have a great day, everyone!

melissasue1982
on 6/2/15 6:16 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I missed yesterday's menu because I was admitted to the hospital Sunday night, I hadnt been able to keep any food or drinks down pretty much all weekend.  I didn't get back home until late Monday night.  I have to go back on Thursday to have my gallbladder taken out!!  SO MANY TEST, no sleep.....I am still exhausted.  Yet, at work today, since I will be missing who knows how many days after my surgery.  UGH

8 weeks since surgery

B: Premier protein, chocolate

L: Dannon L&F greek yogurt

S: 1/2 cup chick pea salad

D: Egg roll in a bowl made with ground turkey

S: Light string cheese

Totals: Cals: 586  Protein: 67  Carbs: 40  Fat: 20

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

AngryViking
on 6/2/15 6:30 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Goodness, you've been having a real tough time lately!  I hope you're able to get some rest before your surgery.   

melissasue1982
on 6/2/15 6:42 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Yeah, its been a rough few weeks.  But hopefully yanking that damn little ******* will help me feel better!!! 

My work is being wicked stupid about this also!!  They are getting a temp in while I am out.  And will need to know exactly when I will be coming back.  HOW am I supposed to know when I will be ready to come back??  ALSO I just took 2 weeks off 8 weeks ago to have my RNY surgery.  I have a vacation in July that is already booked and paid for.  UGH 

They are also saying I need a doctor's note to come back to work.  i have NEVER needed one before, not even after my RNY surgery!  The office manager (and my AUNT) really ****** me off right now!  She was like well, I dont want you coming back too soon just because you need money....ummm well I DO need the money!!  I have 4 kids and dont have a money tree in my back yard!  ugh

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

nurserobin
on 6/2/15 9:43 am

When I had my gallbladder out I was only off work for the weekend and I am a nurse. No heavy lifting for a while but after the gas pain goes away it isn't so bad.

AnnyBananny
on 6/2/15 6:48 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

:-( Feel better, girly!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Capogirl
on 6/2/15 7:13 am

Oh no.   Hopefully this will take care of things and you will feel better soon. 

Emiepie
on 6/2/15 7:24 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Oh no! Hope you are on the mend soon!! Please keep is posted.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

NYMom222
on 6/2/15 8:09 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Ugh...feel better. Egg Roll in a bowls sounds delish...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 326 views