What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 6/25/15 4:56 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Project Black & Tan enters day 4.  They still haven't noticed I've essentially been wearing a uniform all week.  LMAO  I'm enjoying this way more than I should.  I need to get out more.  LOL

So, I was all ready for my interview this morning and I was rescheduled for Monday.  Great.  I love an extra couple/five days to obsess.  I'm a "rip the bandaid off" kind of girl, so when stuff gets dragged out it makes me nuts.  It's also (yet another) food day here at work, this time for June birthdays.  WTH, people?  I wish I could show you guys what these tables of food look like.  It's borderline obscene.  LOL  Does anyone else's job have these massive food days on the regular?

Time since surgery:  11+ months

B:  coffee, then 1 oz. deluxe mixed nuts and a pineapple cup

S:  Click Mocha

L:  Buffalo chicken salad and celery stick.  I'm outta pork rinds.  :-(

D:  Spicy black bean burger with a slice of cheese and an over easy egg

TOTALS:  Cals:  851  Protein:  67  Carbs:  61  Fat:  40

NEXT!

melissasue1982
on 6/25/15 5:13 am
RNY on 04/06/15

My work doesn't celebrate ANYTHING, no Holidays, no Birthdays.  Pretty sure we could put a monkey at my desk and the boss wouldn't know the difference......  *sigh*  Occasionally one of the employees will bring in a dozen donuts or something, but they have never been my weakness. 

11 weeks since surgery

B: 3/4c skim milk, 1 scoop Syntrax vanilla bean torte

L: Homemade low carb sloppy joes with 1 romaine leaf

S: Dannon L&F Greek yogurt

D: Homemade kung pow chicken with zoodles (zucchini noodles)

S: Light string cheese

Totals: Cals: 483  Protein: 71  Carbs: 26  Fat: 11

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

mamata2
on 6/25/15 5:30 am

NO BIRTHDAYS?!?!  Do you work in communist europe??

melissasue1982
on 6/25/15 5:34 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Seriously!  They don't even acknowledge birthdays.....of course to acknowledge they would have to care enough to KNOW when your birthday is.  We only have 11 employees, you would THINK it wouldn't be to hard to put 11 birthdays on a calender!  LOL

I am 32 and have worked here for 14 years......ugh  I keep saying I want to find something else....but worry about not having any vacation time (and with 4 kids I use all of it between actual vacations and then being sick etc) and starting all over again.. BLAH

mamata2
on 6/25/15 5:38 am

That is just horrible!!  I understand the need for vacation (2 kids) and stability.  Do they have any government jobs in your area.  They usually come with a fair amount of vacation right off the block (or at least ours do).

melissasue1982
on 6/25/15 5:43 am
RNY on 04/06/15

They have State of NH jobs available sometimes, but I haven't had the confidence to try.  One day I sarcastically asked my best friend why I am still at this Hell hole and she flat out said "Because you don't think you are good enough or deserve any better" and WOW that really made me think!  

mamata2
on 6/25/15 5:46 am

TRY!!!  Damnit you are good enough!!

lcraver
on 6/25/15 9:06 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

I agree... you are only 32. You can get the job you want!!!!! And, honestly, I work for the county where I live. It is a great job! I have been here 23 years and I could retire now (with less money) and still have medical insurance from now on, period. Now, don't let anyone fool you, most government employees work very hard and sometimes the pay is not as much as out in the real world but, for the most part, we have good benefits and once you're in, you pretty much have to murder your boss to get fired. 

Go for it, you are worthy of someone knowing when your birthday is...

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

AngryViking
on 6/25/15 9:12 am
RNY on 07/17/14

My husband works for the state and started there in the DOL when he was 43.  It's a great job with great benefits.  Do eeet!

Angelique J.
on 6/25/15 10:45 am - Allentown, PA

I will do you one better, no holiday or birthday celebrations (16 employees). Also no vacation time, PTO, sick days, or benefits for anyone under 35.5 hours per week. However, you could not work more than 32 hours per week as a therapist. I went to 7 years of school for this? Thank god I loved the work. Ugh. ( I have since left due to chronic illness in addition to serious ethical violations by the admin).

HW - 366+/1stSW - 325/CW - 301/GW - 200,

Lap-banded 3-5-2008, planning for revision to RNY 

J.A.C.+M  poly w/ child

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 516 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 398 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 253 views