You biggest post surgery non proud eating moment

Waterme27
on 6/25/15 6:42 pm

After surgery we spend so much time thinking we "will never be what we were" and focus so much time on healthy lifestyle.

then life.. Human nature.. Stress..bad habits or old demons sneak up, and we experience an eating day that makes us feel like failures or scares us that we will become or old selves again.

what has your post surgery worst eating day looked like ?

Kathyjs
on 6/25/15 7:08 pm

I think because I had ALOT of pre surgical counseling I honestly in 12 years have not eaten when stressed, depressed etc. I have made some bad choices, like candy but only because  I simply wanted it. I jump on my bike when I feel over loaded

NYMom222
on 6/25/15 9:25 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Have house guests this week, with small children, so there is a lot of food in the house I don't normally have. Went to bed at 2AM... yes I hadn't eaten in many hours and chose to eat half a buttered roll. ???? really?

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Waterme27
on 6/26/15 10:53 am

It could have been a lot worse 

alaskasusan
on 6/25/15 10:03 pm - AK
RNY on 02/11/13

That's easy...the day I found out I am a dumper.  I don't test things out (normally), am very careful to follow exactly my plan because the ONLY way I can manage this is weigh, measure and track my food (597-day streak on My Fitness Pal).  But I took a good friend out for her birthday when I was 18 months out, and she ordered my favorite pre-surgery dessert: bananas foster. This was at a 5-star restaurant and the presentation was great, it looked wonderful, smelled like heaven and she managed to coax me intro trying a bite or two.  YUM!  But never again!  Good thing she also had WLS (9 years banded, she is still a size 4 at age 55) so she knew immediately when I told her I had to run.  Ohh what a miserable end to the party that was! 

Yep, not my proudest moment but boy did I learn a good lesson! I should NOT have tested it out for dinner in the first place, and I sure could do better at resisting temptation (I am getting better but yeah, I'm human)   ;)

Waterme27
on 6/26/15 10:55 am

That's an awesome my fitness pal streak! What kind of portion sizes are you eating ?

alaskasusan
on 6/26/15 9:13 pm - AK
RNY on 02/11/13

Thanks! I've got a ways to go to catch up with Grim though, he's over 1000 days now!!  At two years, and still reaching for that goal, I endeavor to be in weight loss mode but it much much slower for me (I turn 60 in September plus the common thyroid issues....).  So today I still eat 3-4 oz protein followed by 1/2 to 3/4 cup of a green vegetable.  That usually does it for me for dinner and lunch.  Breakfast is often a protein shake or I'd never make my numbers, with a mid-morning snack of an egg. 

I loooove our fresh fish up here, that's what I eat most often.  I eschew sugars and grains of all kinds but I don't believe it has to be forever.   :)

AngryViking
on 6/26/15 5:22 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I'm pretty sure it involved popcorn.  I can put away a LOT of popcorn.

Han Shot First
on 6/26/15 5:50 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Mine was an open house I attended earlier this month.  They had it catered from 4 different restaurants, and one of them was my favorite middle eastern place.  When I saw the falafels, hummus, garlic butter, and homemade pita bread, I lost my willpower.  I didn't eat a ton, but I knew I shouldn't have eaten it at all, and I paid for it for the next hour.  I was in agony before it finally left the pouch.  

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Missella20
on 6/26/15 8:59 am
RNY on 07/11/13

I bought a bag of red licorice at my daughters dance competition. I knew it was a big mistake. I don't dump but it gives me the worst gas pains!!! I had to lie down in my car until I felt better. IDIOT!!  :)

HW 264    SW 234    CW 149    5'4" 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 529 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 339 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 98 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 326 views