Pics 80 pounds down for me, 50 for my son

mysty888
on 6/25/15 9:48 pm
RNY on 01/22/15

So, I thought I would post pics. I've still got a way to go, but since I'm struggling a little lately, I looked at some before and afters and put up a side by side. That helps! My Mom came out to visit for my son's graduation, and didn't say a word about my weight loss, but went on and on about how she didn't recognize my son. She also went on and on about this ridiculous (and expensive) fad diet she is on and she has lost 20 pounds in four weeks. I kept my mouth shut about it, as hard as it was. Anyway, I am five months out of surgery, and down 80. My son has NOT had surgery, but is using a high protein, low carb, diet. Mostly he uses protein shakes, keeps his calories around 2000 per day and carbs under 30% of calories. He tracks everything and makes great choices. I know I've talked about him before, but this is definitely my favorite NSV. Anyway, sometimes getting a little perspective helps when the day in day out can get a little tough. 

AmyDee123
on 6/25/15 10:12 pm - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

You are doing great and so is he. She is acting like that out of fear and jealousy.   you aren't going to get her to change so don't let it get to you.   You have done amazingly well and you are going to continue! 

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

E_Saenz
on 6/25/15 10:13 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

I have not had my surgery yet but I can tell you really wanted some approval from your mom.  I just want you to know that no Approval is needed from anyone you did what was right for you and if it helps I'm extremely proud of your 80 pound loss. Keep up the great work!

Elia Maria Saenz

mysty888
on 6/25/15 10:17 pm
RNY on 01/22/15

It wasn't the approval that I needed as much as I felt like it was rude and kinda backhanded. Whenever I do anything, she has to try to do it better. I'm her daughter. I don't get it. 

E_Saenz
on 6/25/15 10:26 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

I agree it was rude but I was only trying to let you know that I'm very proud of you I  hope I didn't offend you because that was not my intention at all.  I guarantee what ever happens you will get support and encouragement from people here because they have either been there or will be there.  

Elia Maria Saenz

mysty888
on 6/26/15 8:18 am
RNY on 01/22/15

I'm sorry, I was not offended, and I wholeheartedly appreciate the support. I just gave up on approval long ago. I have almost no contact with her, but it was for my son and his graduation. Thank you for the encouragement :)

E_Saenz
on 6/25/15 10:27 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

I agree it was rude but I was only trying to let you know that I'm very proud of you I  hope I didn't offend you because that was not my intention at all.  I guarantee what ever happens you will get support and encouragement from people here because they have either been there or will be there.  

Elia Maria Saenz

Doingrightin2015
on 6/26/15 2:07 am
RNY on 03/10/15

You both are doing fantastic. 80 lbs in 5 months is awesome!! I know your proud of your son too! Glad he is getting a grip on health while he is young.

Keep up the good work!

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

VirginiaMarie
on 6/26/15 4:08 am
with

You both look fantastic and both should be proud.  I love that you're doing this together and using different tools to do it.  My son was getting a little flabby, definitely not fat, and decided to take control as well.  Upped his basketball time, eats mostly protein and vegetables and looks fantastic.  He was part of my motivation as well and I chose this route.  I understand what you're saying about your mom.  My mom was always the same way.  It does seem purposeful that they choose not to compliment you on your success but instead point out other people's (or their own).  Anytime I deal with negative people I just remind myself that it really has nothing to do with me and everything to do with them.  She's dealing with her own stuff and IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU.  You do your thing ... you're doing fantastic and you look fantastic and I'm sure you feel fantastic!  And you have a much better relationship with your child than she does with hers so be proud that you're doing well with that too.

tryintolose
on 6/26/15 4:13 am

Congrats 

I'm having RNY monday

did you find appetite to be decreased for at least a while?  How much can you eat before feeling full?

Any dumping syndrome?

thx

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 504 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 409 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 420 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?