RNY 16 days post op - What to eat????

MsCris
on 6/30/15 6:26 am, edited 6/30/15 6:29 am

Hi all, I'm new to the site and this is my first post but I'm 16 days post op (RNY) and have been blessed enough to not have had any issues thus far.   I've been given the go ahead for soft foods but don't really know what to eat. I've purchased yogurt, cottage cheese, tuna and canned chicken but that's about it. Any suggestions or ideas on meals  or how to spice things up?

Also I know I have to wait for clearance from my Dr. but I was wondering when do you start exercising?  Any help is appreciated. 

HW 313  SW 294. CW 280

Emiepie
on 6/30/15 9:04 am, edited 6/30/15 5:22 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Hi all, I'm new to the site and this is my first post but I'm 16 days post op (RNY) and have been blessed enough to not have had any issues thus far.   I've been given the go ahead for soft foods but don't really know what to eat. I've purchased yogurt, cottage cheese, tuna and canned chicken but that's about it. Any suggestions or ideas on meals  or how to spice things up?

Also I know I have to wait for clearance from my Dr. but I was wondering when do you start exercising?  Any help is appreciated.

HW 313  SW 294. CW 280

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Missella20
on 6/30/15 9:17 am
RNY on 07/11/13

Puréed chili!!

HW 264    SW 234    CW 149    5'4" 

Amy H.
on 6/30/15 9:34 am - Raleigh, NC
RNY on 06/08/15

I am just 1 week ahead of you. This was the hardest week for me, but it is only a week(ish). Are you on mushies or soft foods, they are very different.

Mushies: I ate yogurt, cottage cheese, soups, cheese, ricotta w/sauce on top, mashed potatoes and mashed veggies (like zucchini and turnips) and refried beans (with cheese, sour cream and a lil salsa-YUM!)

Soft Foods: I am on this now and doing much better. I am eating lunchmeat, cheese, tuna/chic salad, beans, eggs, some soft fruits, yogurt, veggies soft, and can try ground meats (like in sauce or a casserole with veggies is good). I just started this 2 days ago and am still working through it. My NUT stated that if you can mash/cut/pull it apart easily with a fork it is allowable in this stage. Just some exceptions like pasta, PB, rice is a no-no. Toast is okay.

Also, per my Dr. we can walk and do low key exercising now. Anything using core muscles not until 8 weeks. Hope that helps some!

Amy

banded 12/2006, slip revision 7/2013, revision to rny 6/8/2015

MsCris
on 6/30/15 4:55 pm

Thank you Amy for taking the time to reply.... With my program the "mushies/soft food" is one in the same, meaning my NUT gave me suggestions of cottage cheese, refried beans, yogurt, tuna and canned chicken. I was told no veggies, soups, mashed potato's or tomato products just yet I guess that will be part of my next phase. Although I was given the ok for wheat thins, triscuits and even toast so I was just hoping to find a way to spice things up. 

selhard
on 6/30/15 4:03 am, edited 6/30/15 5:30 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Being well over 300# pre-WLS, I consider myself a high-risk post-WLS.  Therefore, I prefer a routine food regime. Not knowing how liberal my doctor was until finding this website, I was eating pretty normally at 16 days post-op RNY. (I'm assuming you got a schedule and are just curious what everyone is doing?) Things I held off til three months were lettuces, popcorn, raw vegetables, and meat with skin like sausages.  My favorites were and still are Greek yogurt, chili, homemade protein shakes, cheese, nuts, most vegetables, fruits, beans, and lean-choice meats. Advice from my NUT is to eat every three waking hours to keep BS levels at an even keel. I try to ignore posts like "what's on your menu RNYers" in case it triggers an off-the-track moment like when I made the parmesan crisp recipe posted... I over-indulged on the hard-to-eat-just-one snack idea (aka damn impossible; no. more. for. me.).  Exercise amounted to walking the first 6 months even though many report doing more.

stevie95678
on 6/30/15 4:15 am, edited 6/30/15 4:15 am

I went on Shelly's (eggface.com) website and she has a FABULOUS page for pureed goodies that was a lifesaver.  I tried pureeing split pea soup and just couldn't make myself eat it.  I made this INCREDIBLE Italian Ricotta Bake that was a daily staple.  It's a cup of LF skim ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, an egg, and some Italian dry seasoning and salt and pepper.  I mixed that all up together and put it in a small oven safe dish, put a 1/2 cup of your favorite SF marinara sauce and then 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese on top of that.  I baked it at 350 degrees, uncovered for about 15-20 minutes until it was lightly browned and bubbly. It was hot and yummy and it reheated well in the microwave.  I also whizzed up refried beans mixed with salsa and some FF cheese and then nuked it.  YUM!  Good luck to you!!

MsCris
on 6/30/15 5:00 pm

Thank you Stevie95678, the Italian Ricotta Bake sounds delish, I will be trying that out.

burghblonde
on 6/30/15 3:25 pm
RNY on 05/12/14

All good recommendations! Also, ricotta cheese is good with some sugar free jam or jelly mixed in. It was like heaven to me!

Never Sell Out On Your Heart 

~ Heather~

MsCris
on 6/30/15 4:58 pm

Thank you all for taking the time to reply, I will definitely check out some of the recipes and sites mentioned.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 517 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 399 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 254 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics