Total Fat Girl Mode

livingthedream15
on 6/30/15 6:19 pm

I'm feeling so ashamed of myself today. I've recently started feeling much better and am able to eat without getting sick. Today I had pizza and cheese sticks. I have been trying to maintain a healthy diet but totally caved to my cravings today. I didn't realize I would feel this guilty. Just needed to say it out loud instead of holding it in. 

Ladytazz
on 6/30/15 6:29 pm

Have you already had the surgery?  If so, put down the pizza and cheese sticks.  If you can't do this find a counselor to help you discover why you are trying to sabotage your success.

If you haven't had surgery yet I still suggest counseling before having surgery to help you have the best success possible.

Having WLS while still practicing dysfunctional eating is one sure way to fail.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Waterme27
on 6/30/15 6:43 pm

Please don't feel ashamed. 

With all addictions they say relapse is part of recovery. 

Slips allow us to learn - that is if we allow them to.

you didn't mention how much pizza or how many cheese sticks. If you just had one slice of pizza and one cheese stick - that's different than eating a whole pizza on full out binge food.

its important to develop a healthy relationship with food. I don't think it's possible to go the rest of your life ( 30 plus years) without a slice of pizza. It's that whole moderation ...with appropriate serving ....and amp up the activity thing. 

If pizza is your "thing" maybe find a healthy substitute - a gal posted she will take half a pita bread, bake with a bit of sauce, cheese sprinkle. Top with leak protein. It would be under 200 calories and may satisfy pizza craving.

good luck and be kind to yourself! Life is hard enough 😀

Doingrightin2015
on 7/1/15 1:42 am
RNY on 03/10/15

So you slipped up. You owned it! Pick yourself up brush yourself off and move on. Don't beat yourself up over this.

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

CerealKiller Kat71
on 7/1/15 6:05 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Get yourself to a good counselor that can help you find better coping strategies for dealing with food.  There's no reason to be "ashamed" of yourself -- but there is reason to recognize a problem that needs addressed as soon as possible.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Jennifer K.
on 7/1/15 7:09 am - Phoenix , AZ

I don't see an issue with eating pizza and cheese sticks... as long as you are holding yourself accountable and following what you should be eating calories/carbs/sugar/fiber/protein wise you can eat such foods... to be finding a healthy balance and allowing myself 'treats' is what worked best... I never went into this saying I wouldn't eat something again because that just didn't seem reasonable to me. Another option is to find healthier options to foods you love so you can satisfy those cravings without the guilt.

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 471 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 413 views